Jul 02 2012
By: Silverfalcon3000 Survivor 2590 posts

Unlocking characters

20 replies 409 views Edited Jul 2, 2012

What do you guys think about unlocking characters. I personally think it would be cool to unlock through winning online matches, and through playing regular matches. I guess unlocking them in story mode would be cool, I just hope it's not like brawl where you have to play through a dull story mode and it takes forever to get to characters you didn't unlock. Also if you have saved data from a game that character was in it seems you should be able to automatically unlock him at the start of the game. What's your thoughts which characters do you think should be unlockable and which do you think should be stand alone? 

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Message 1 of 21 (409 Views)
Fender Bender
3500 posts

Re: Unlocking characters

Jul 2, 2012

For online how bout you get 2 random characters to start off with and there can be some kind of ranking system where every rank or so you unlock a new character.

IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Message 2 of 21 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2590 posts

Jul 2, 2012

Sounds good. 

Message 3 of 21 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Jul 2, 2012

that would be awesome, you only start with toro,sackboy,fat princess and sly cooper.Then you continue unlocking until you have other characters as snake,nathan drake,cole,kratos,radec,big daddy,crash,spyro,jak,ratchet,et,etc,etc

Message 4 of 21 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Jul 3, 2012
Well every character is going to have its own story mode, so how about you unlock maybe a character, skin, or stage for every match win. Online playing would have a level up system like CoD, so it will have bragging rights, you could get emblems n other things that would be kool. Some stuff would have to be unlockable by online, I think customizable features as like heads, and other things
Message 5 of 21 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Jul 3, 2012

I don't think they would implement online ranking up to unlock standard features in the game
because the people that can't play online and only play games offline, will not be able to have the full experience.

Message 6 of 21 (357 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Jul 3, 2012
I think they should have it like brawls to where you can unlcok by story, completing events, ect or play so many rounds in multiplayer and unlock them that way.
Photobucket
Message 7 of 21 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2590 posts

Jul 3, 2012

that would be awesome, you only start with toro,sackboy,fat princess and sly cooper.Then you continue unlocking until you have other characters as snake,nathan drake,cole,kratos,radec,big daddy,crash,spyro,jak,ratchet,et,etc,etc

I think some of the characters you mentioned need to be stand alone, I can't imagine people like Drak, Kratos and Radec being unlockable 

Message 8 of 21 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2590 posts

Jul 3, 2012

I don't think they would implement online ranking up to unlock standard features in the game
because the people that can't play online and only play games offline, will not be able to have the full experience.

True but like 90% of people who own a ps3 have psn accounts. 

Message 9 of 21 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Jul 3, 2012

And wouldn't it suck if you were the 10% who couldn't get anything because you have no internet?

Think.
Those 90% aren't the only people with PS3's. 

I sell propane and propane accessories, I tell you h'what.
Message 10 of 21 (289 Views)
0 Likes