Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 04 2012
By: harley2947 Fender Bender 2925 posts

Unlocking a character and stage, and secret characters and stages

9 replies 305 views Edited Jul 4, 2012

I had an idea that for every story mode, the Boss Battle for that character, if you beat him/her you will unlock that character and stage. Pretty simple but I have another idea.

What if this game had SECRET STAGES and SECRET CHARACTERS that you unlock by doing some sort of task. I think there should be a little events spot in the game where after every story mode completion, a new event comes into there. There will be a 1 on 1 battle against you and the character that will be unlocked, and you will also be playing in the stage you want to unlock. For Example: Say you're playing as Crash Bandicoot (DO NOT START A BIG THING OVER NO CONFIRMATION), and Dr. N Cortex is your Boss Battle, you beat him, you unlock Cortex and the stage you were playing against him in. Then you go back to the Main Menu and Events is in the corner of the screen, there will be a little Icon on it meaning NEW EVENT, push triangle to get to the Events. Say Snak is your Character you'll be unlocking, you play against him on the Stage you'll be unlocking also. BOOM, new Character and New Stage. Do you guys think this would be a good idea?

Message 1 of 10 (305 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Re: Unlocking a character and stage, and secret characters and stages

Jul 4, 2012

more to unlcock the better

Photobucket
Message 2 of 10 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Jul 4, 2012

Smash Bros pretty much perfected the method of unlocking in Melee. The surprise/excitement you got when "NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING" came up was amazing. I hope Superbot copies this

Message 3 of 10 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Jul 4, 2012
It was a very good idea forSmash Bros, it will be better for Playstation All-Stars
Message 4 of 10 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2590 posts

Jul 4, 2012

Sounds good, except in Brawl you could unlock characters by playing a certain amount of matches. 

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Message 5 of 10 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Jul 4, 2012
I think that Like the final boss for story mode should be Keven Butler
Ps AllStars Ftw
Message 6 of 10 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Jul 4, 2012

i stand by my decision that the final boss of Kratos' story should be The King of All Cosmos from Katamari Damacy.  PSASBR is all about mashups and crossovers.  Kratos' games are all about slaying gods and The King of All Cosmos is a god in Katamari Damacy.  You could unlock the King after you beat him as Kratos

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 10 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 4, 2012

What's the King like? I hadn't played a Katimari game and I'd like to know what he does :smileytongue:

Does he have like... powers he uses? (ie, like mario has fireballs). 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 8 of 10 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:

What's the King like? I hadn't played a Katimari game and I'd like to know what he does :smileytongue:

Does he have like... powers he uses? (ie, like mario has fireballs). 

here's the link to a thread i made about him a long time ago and how he would play if he was in this game. check it out :smileyhappy:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/The-King-of-All-Cosmos-as-a-Poss...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 10 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 4, 2012

Thank you for the reply! :smileyhappy: I'll check it out!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 10 of 10 (205 Views)
0 Likes