Nov 09 2012
By: LikeRA1N Wastelander 632 posts

Unlockable characters VS All characters unlocked...YOUR thoughts?

4 replies 583 views Edited Nov 9, 2012

I'm a huge fan of unlockables in video games, especially unlockables as game-changing as new characters to use. I LOVE the thrill of the random "NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS!" and HAVING to beat the character to unlock them, providing a bit of a challenge and keeping you on edge. That said, I absolutely love the idea of being able to play as Nathan Drake and SackBoy on day one of my purchase of All-Stars. So I'm split completely down the middle on this one. I guess it depends on the game for me. Games like Smash Bros. have a history with unlockable characters and I'd rather that series keep that trait, while All-Stars came out of the gate with the idea of having all characters unlocked -- which most of us took an immediate liking to. Those are my thoughts. What say you?

Photobucket
Message 1 of 5 (583 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Re: Unlockable characters VS All characters unlocked...YOUR thoughts?

Nov 9, 2012

Stop making these threads, people.  There are already too many of them and the fact is that Superbot has gone back and forth on this idea and they chose to have everyone unlocked at the beginning.  End of story. 

Message 2 of 5 (580 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Nov 9, 2012
I don't like having everyone at the start
Message 3 of 5 (554 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Nov 9, 2012
Why can't we have both?

Message 4 of 5 (536 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Nov 9, 2012

LikeRA1N wrote:

I'm a huge fan of unlockables in video games, especially unlockables as game-changing as new characters to use. I LOVE the thrill of the random "NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS!" and HAVING to beat the character to unlock them, providing a bit of a challenge and keeping you on edge. That said, I absolutely love the idea of being able to play as Nathan Drake and SackBoy on day one of my purchase of All-Stars. So I'm split completely down the middle on this one. I guess it depends on the game for me. Games like Smash Bros. have a history with unlockable characters and I'd rather that series keep that trait, while All-Stars came out of the gate with the idea of having all characters unlocked -- which most of us took an immediate liking to. Those are my thoughts. What say you?

Cole Stroll

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 5 of 5 (509 Views)
0 Likes