Nov 07 2012
By: dorkgeniuz21 Sackboy 410 posts

Understanding the Rival/arcade system?

8 replies 376 views Edited Nov 7, 2012

I have started this thread not to find out who each characters rvial will be, but more to discuss how it will work.For example, what will be the major differences between Toro & Heihachi's stories & rivalry.Further more, is it only 1 rivalry per 2 characters or is it going to be across characters,slightly intertwining stories etc. Meaning does character A hate character B,character B hates character C,Character C hates character D and so on.Getting back to the original discusion, I know that each character will have their own rival & cutscenes etc but I guess i am trying to figure out if Toro & heihachi or sackboy & Big Daddy's  will so to say be filmed from each of their points of view etc.Its probabaly a no brainer but it hasnt really been explained in too much detail as is.

Message 1 of 9 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3239 posts

Re: Understanding the Rival/arcade system?

Nov 7, 2012
I believe its going to be like this:

Play J&D's arcade get to the FIGHT YOUR RIVAL part. His rival is ratchet.

Then you decide to play Ratchet's arcade get to the FIGHT YOUR RIVAL part except it is sly.

Then you decide to play as Sly get to the FIGHT YOUR RIVAL part and you fight drake.

Something along those lines.

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF14, MGSV, Witcher 3.
Message 2 of 9 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
410 posts

Nov 7, 2012

littlejcr wrote:

Then you decide to play Ratchet's arcade get to the FIGHT YOUR RIVAL part except it is sly.

Then you decide to play as Sly get to the FIGHT YOUR RIVAL part and you fight drake.

That would be pretty sweet.Im just hoping each person has a seperate rival, that way we actually get 20 different rivals vs 10

Message 3 of 9 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
410 posts

Nov 8, 2012

Okay I found an interview with seth where he said that ever character is a rival to another so heihachi and toro is one while toro could be a rival to another and so on..i will post a link when I find it again....

Message 4 of 9 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1411 posts

Nov 8, 2012
I'm just hoping for some goofy story lines
 photo newcolesigtest_zps63cc5eb3.png
Message 5 of 9 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Nov 8, 2012

littlejcr wrote:

I like this system. I always assumed that they were each others' rivals. Toro=Heihachi and Heihachi=Toro, but that would be cool if it was like how you described.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 6 of 9 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Nov 8, 2012
I have only ever heard SB say, for example, Nariko and Dante are rivals. Nothing about the characters individually, always together.
Message 7 of 9 (193 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 8, 2012
It's only really been hinted that the rivalries aren't as simple as we'd think they are. However, as bobo said, they've always released rivalries in twos (Heihachi and Toro are rivals, Nariko and Dante are rivals), so there's really nothing except for fan speculation to say definitively whether it's an A-B-C rivalry system.

It may not be the answer you want, but it's all we have for sure right now.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 8 of 9 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Nov 8, 2012

I really hope everyone has an individual rival, but I'm not that optimistic, given the way they've announced rivals together, and haven't said anything about seperate rivalries, I think we can assume there's only 10. Why would they not advertise havng such a meaty story mode?

Side note/shameless plug - Full list of rivalries:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2012/10/25/every-playstation-all-stars-rivalry-seemingly-unveile...

Message 9 of 9 (121 Views)
0 Likes