Splicer
69 posts

Re: Uberhero moveset (Patapon 3). REVISED!

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2013

If you did a Prinny moveset one of his Supers should be where he magichanges into a gun and one of the main characters(Prrobably Mao since Magichange was introduced in Disgaea 3) uses him to fire the Panic Laser, dood! Ptobably his level 3, dood!

Another could be  where a character picks up the prinny and throws him since prinnies explode when thrown, dood! Probably his level 2, dood!  

Another coul be him using a Prillin bomb, dood! Probablly his level 1, dood!

Dang i would love a Prinny/Patapon dlc, dood!

Message 11 of 18 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Gnick4 wrote:

If you did a Prinny moveset one of his Supers should be where he magichanges into a gun and one of the main characters(Prrobably Mao since Magichange was introduced in Disgaea 3) uses him to fire the Panic Laser, dude! Ptobably his level 3, dude!

Another could be  where a character picks up the prinny and throws him since prinnies explode when thrown, dude! Probably his level 2, dude!  

Another coul be him using a Prillin bomb, dude! Probablly his level 1, dude!

Dang i would love a Prinny/Patapon dlc, dude!

Thank you! Finally someone who shares the same enthusiasm about these two characters as me.

I think I may actually do a Prinny moveset dood! I want it to be unique though so It may take some time. Feel free to message me any ideas?

Message 12 of 18 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Dude5059 wrote:

I had an idea for the Uberhero. Since this game likes to make characters unique, what if Uberhero was a bit of a squad character? My thought was that he would be followed by a Hatapon that couldn't be hit, and he could summon three patapons that could. They would be random between Yaripons, Yumipons, Tatepons, Dekapons, Megapons, and Kibapons. They'd each take 3 hits to kill, except Dekapons which would take 5 and Kibapons would take 2. Yaripons would throw spears that would do 10 AP and move a little slowly. Yumipons would shoot a volley of 3 arrows that would do 5 AP each and would not cause hitstun. Tatepons would only be able to do a basic slash for 5 AP, but could block when you block. Dekapons would do 15 AP per hit, but attack slowly. Megapons could shoot symbols that bounce off of enemies and potentially hit other enemies and do 5 AP per hit. Kibapons would charge and do 5 AP, but they also cause a small stun. This would make the Uberhero a tactical character, and almost Olimar-ish. The Patapons, unlike Zurkon, would follow you as closely as they can. 

In terms of Supers, I was thinking of the Perfect Rhythm Spear Throw for his level 1, which would cause a small explosion when it hits someone or something. Level 2, I was thinking the Dodonga rock toss, but I'm sure there's something better. For his level 3, I was thinking something like a Juju. I haven't gotten very far into 1 or 2, and haven't played three, but I feel like the Jujus (if there is one strong enough) would be a very neat level 3.

Any comment on this idea? I feel like it would fit a Patapon character well. Possibly hard to implement, though.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 13 of 18 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Dude5059 wrote:

Dude5059 wrote:

I had an idea for the Uberhero. Since this game likes to make characters unique, what if Uberhero was a bit of a squad character? My thought was that he would be followed by a Hatapon that couldn't be hit, and he could summon three patapons that could. They would be random between Yaripons, Yumipons, Tatepons, Dekapons, Megapons, and Kibapons. They'd each take 3 hits to kill, except Dekapons which would take 5 and Kibapons would take 2. Yaripons would throw spears that would do 10 AP and move a little slowly. Yumipons would shoot a volley of 3 arrows that would do 5 AP each and would not cause hitstun. Tatepons would only be able to do a basic slash for 5 AP, but could block when you block. Dekapons would do 15 AP per hit, but attack slowly. Megapons could shoot symbols that bounce off of enemies and potentially hit other enemies and do 5 AP per hit. Kibapons would charge and do 5 AP, but they also cause a small stun. This would make the Uberhero a tactical character, and almost Olimar-ish. The Patapons, unlike Zurkon, would follow you as closely as they can. 

In terms of Supers, I was thinking of the Perfect Rhythm Spear Throw for his level 1, which would cause a small explosion when it hits someone or something. Level 2, I was thinking the Dodonga rock toss, but I'm sure there's something better. For his level 3, I was thinking something like a Juju. I haven't gotten very far into 1 or 2, and haven't played three, but I feel like the Jujus (if there is one strong enough) would be a very neat level 3.

Any comment on this idea? I feel like it would fit a Patapon character well. Possibly hard to implement, though.

Sorry about that, I skipped to the second page, thought my post on that page was the last one. Lol.

Hmm, that is a very unique moveset idea, reminds me of the Level 3 Idea. I could see that working, but indeed hard to implement. If I'm not mistaken Olimar can have up to four of his Pikmin out at a time, correct?

Pardon me if I repeat anything you may already know.

And in Patapon 3, you have a squad of only 3 guys, then your Uberhero. So that's a total of four, not including Hatapon, however he would be there following you around with the flag in this game. It would be interesting to see but also difficult because, in Patapon 3, in the beginning you choose from three different classes. Spear, Sword & Shield, or Bow & Arrow. I could see the face buttons, Square, Triangle, and Circle occupying the different classes with his Patapon army also attacking. It definitely would be interesting though to be able to summon his army, he'd be one heck of a unique character in this game, and a joy to play as.

His Supers, while I wouldn't want him to call out Dodonga to toss a rock, but instead Ragewolf and or NaughtyFins, since in Patapon 3, they were both important characters. I could totally see Ragewolf dashing in for the Level 1 Super, and then laughing because he stole your kill (While it's still technically yours) Ohh the humor in Patapon. Lol. Just for his Level 3, I would want to avoid a screen clearer or giant controllable character. Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 18 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Jan 7, 2013

That was what my idea was based on, actually. In Patapon, you have a Hero, a Hatapon, and three squads. I was thinking these 3 squads could be represented by individual patapons, more or less.

And by the Dodonga Rock Toss, I meant the very first Patapon 2 boss fight, where he was stuck under a boulder, but lifts it up and throws it at the Dodonga. And I more or less know that RottenLee, NaughtyFins, and RageWolf are very important characters, and Naughtyfins is the only one of those 3 that don't appear in the other 2 (albeit, they are under different names).

And I can see how the Juju idea would seem like a stage clearer, per se, but I think that it could be done a little differently. I dunno. I just kinda want to avoid another Fat Princess Level 3.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 15 of 18 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Ahh that rock toss. LOL. Sorry, been playing too much Patapon 3. >__>

I can respect your disdain towards what would be a copy of an already existing  Level 3 Super. I would much rather have a completely unique, and different Level 3. Hmm, just researched the Juju's and there is a lot to choose from, maybe make one of them a Level 2? Have the rock toss a Level 1?

Just trying to think of a unique Level 3, something that can really pay homage to the Patapon games.

Message 16 of 18 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Jan 7, 2013
Perhaps for his level three the 4 sound buttons come up on the screen spaced around the stage and when you press the corresponding button it sends out a shock wave in the surrounding area. So if an enemy is on the left press square for pata if they are on the right press circle for pon and so on. You kcan kill your enemies or just make pretty sounds.

Also i went ack and edited my last post since i messed up with the doods, dood
Message 17 of 18 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Jan 7, 2013

This is really good, dood! lol

But in all seriousness, nice work.  It would be really cool if they put the uberhero in.  I never thought much about him being in the game, but after this, I'm convinced.

I'm also glad to hear I'm not the only one who wants a Patapon on PS Vita!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you play LBP2? If so, could you take the time to check out my levels?
Check out my LBP.ME
Message 18 of 18 (126 Views)
0 Likes