Hey guys what's up? ThatDamnNarwhal here attempting to make a Crash Bandicoot masterpost. Now what exactly will this masterpost be? It'll be all things Crash, mainly the original generation, including possible items, moves or anything that could be incorporated into Crash Bandicoot being in this game. Please feel free to add your own threads and images and I'll try my best to link the best.
This thread could also be used to promote your moveset or inspire you to make your own.
Crash Bandicoot Controls
|Directional Pad||Move Crash forward, backward, right, and left|
|Triangle Button||Inventory status. This brings down the Status Bars showing how many pieces of fruit you have collected and how many lives you have left|
|Start Button||Pauses/resumes the game|
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back Controls
|D-Pad or Analog Stick||movement|
|X Button||jump (hold to jump higher)|
|Circle Button (while running)||slide|
|Square Button||spin attack|
|Triangle Button||info pull down|
|Circle or R1 Button||crouch/duck while standing|
|X + R1 or X + Circle Button||body slam|
|R1 + X or Circle + X Button||high jump. When pressed in conjunction with the directional buttons, it will produce a long jump|
|R1 or Circle Button + D-Pad||crawl in specified direction|
Crash Bandicoot: WARPED Controls
|D-Pad or Left Analog Stick||select options, move character|
|Triangle Button||show status panel|
|X + Circle Button||body slam|
|Circle or R1 Button||crouch|
|Circle Button (hold) + D-Pad or Left Analog Stick||crawl|
|Circle + X Button||high jump|
|Circle or R1 Button (hold) + D-Pad or Left Analog Stick||slide|
|Circle or R1 Button + X Button + D-Pad or Left Analog Stick||super slide high jump|
|X Button||release from hang|
|Circle or R1 Button||pull legs up|
|X Button||fast kick|
|Circle, Square or R1 Button||swim and spin forward|
|Circle or R1 Button||turbo burst|
|Circle, Square or R1 Button||brake|
|Square Button||barrel roll|
|X Button||air brakes|
|Circle or R1 Button||machine gun|
|X + D-Pad or Left Analog Stick||flip|
|D-Pad or Left Analog Stick Down Right or Down Left||hard turn|
|PURA THE TIGER & T-REX RIDING|
|Circle, Square, or R1 Button||pura the tiger fast run|
|Circle or R1 Button||jump off t-rex|
|SPECIAL POWER MOVES|
|X + Circle Button||super body slam|
|X + X Button||super double jump|
|D-Pad or Left Analog Stick + R2 Button||crash dash|
|L2 + Circle Button||bazooka|
|Square Button (tap repeatedly)||death tornado spin|
CTR: Crash Team Racing Controls
|D-Pad or Left Stick Left/Right||steer vehicle|
|D-Pad or Left Stick Down||reverse|
|D-Pad or Left Stick Left/Right + Square Button||tight turn|
|D-Pad or Left Stick Left/Right + R1 Button||power slide|
|D-Pad or Left Stick Up||gas|
|L1 or R1 Button||hop|
|Circle Button||launch weapon or power-up|
|L2 Button||toggle view|
|R2 Button||rear view|
|Triangle Button||toggle map/speedometer|
|Start Button||pause game|
Crash Bash Controls
|D-Pad or Left Analog Stick||move to deflect balls with your ship|
|R1/L1 Buttons||press and hold to increase ship's speed|
|Square Button||press to give balls an extra kick|
|D-Pad or Left Analog Stick||move to the next square to color it|
|Square Button||fire missile|
|Circle Button||press to pick up crates|
|Circle Button||press to throw crates|
|Square Button||kick crates|
|Square Button||charge into other players|
|Square Button||when falling, push into the arena and press repeatedly|
General Crash Things that Could Be In
What I mean by general Crash things, I mean I'll just be listing off a ton of things that could be incorporated in the game. I'll be listing it down with no details at all so it may just seem like random words.
- Double Jump
- Body Slam
- Warp Zone
- Pogo Stick
- Polar Bear
- 500 lbs
- Wumpa Bazooka
- Aku Aku
- Hot Rod
- Jet Pack
- Crash Dance
- Cartoon Violence
*I will be listing off all possible items, some could be incorporated in Crash Bandicoot's moveset and not be pickup items. I will also list off as many possibilities as I could think of for the item.
From Crash Bash
- Whoever picks it up has to keep away from other players. Whoever is holding it by the end of the 10 second countdown will be safe from lightning striking down and stunning the characters. This could be passed of to another player by a simple hit or touch.
From Crash Bash
- Whoever picks this up must hit another player as soon as possible. Whoever is holding it by the end of the 10 second countdown will be crushed by a 500lbs weight. Could either paralyze or kill. This could be passed off to another player by a single hit or touch.
From CTR: Crash Team Racing
- Shoots the direction the player is facing. Very fast and will ricochet off walls knocking out AP from whoever it hits.
In all Crash games but I'll base this off CTR: Crash Team Racing
- Similar to the 500lbps except this can be thrown by the original player who picks it up. Once thrown it can sit out like a normal mine but whoever stumbles upon it has 10 seconds to pass the TNT to another player. Whoever has the TNT by the end will be blown up. It can either stun, blow away, or maybe even kill. Depends on what the devs want to do with it.
From Crash Bash. This would probably be better for a stage.
- This could be a camera that follows players around and shoots down random lazers on the stage. Red lazers will cause damage to playes while white lazers give players powerups. These power ups could either be a random item, lightning, 500lbs, making players giant or tiny, or insta super. Depends on what the devs want to do with it. This item could elliminate adding in the lightning and 500lbs to general gameplay.
From Crash Bandicoot Warped
- Same physics as Cakinator but maybe faster. Could be either timed or ammo limited. This could knock little AP but does stun.
Preferably the original Aku Aku and not the ape looking one in Mind over Mutant.
- Could work like the Wipeout shield.
- Maybe blocks off a single kill, but can be knocked off by grabbing like all items.
- Possibly one life in stock. Probably not the best idea..
*I'll be listing off something that could be his supers. I may list one thing as multiple supers because it could be used as multiple different ways. I am not saying that all of these have to be supers.
- If made as Super 1 - Crash gets on his little polar bear dog thing and rides straight forward like a dash. Similar to Fat Princess and Sly's first super.
- If made as Super 2 - Crash gets on the polar bear dog thing and rides it. Similar to Fat Princess's Super 2.
- Same thing as the Polar Bear suggestion, except with his Hot Rod from Crash Bandicoot: WARPED.
- If made as Super 2 - Crash spawns in a slow moving tank for a small amount of time, whoever gets in the way get's crushed. Whoever is hit by the missiles die. The tank is very slow to aim, move, and reload.
- If made as Super 3 - SImilar to the Super 2 suggestion except not as watered down. Lasts longer and overall faster.
- If made as Super 2 - Similar to Parappa's Super 2 except bouncing around on a pogostick.
- If made as Super 1 - Crash thows out a Nintro crate, whoever gets hit by the box or blast radius dies.
- If made as Super 2 - Same concept as the first Super except he can throw 3 boxes in any direction.
- If made as Super 3 - Nintro crates flying allover the stage.
- If made as Super 3 - Everyone is frozen and spawns on a tipsy iceberg. Crash is on his iceberg and whoever he knocks off the iceberg dies.
CTR: Crash Team Racing
If made as Super 2 - Crash and friends drive by screen from the left to the right in go-karts. Covers all ground, can be dodged by air.
If made as Super 1 - Does what it says, short ranged super slam. Whoever is hit in the slam radius dies.
If made as Super 1 - Short ranged but powerful .
If made as Super 2 - Longer ranged super spin.
If made as Super 3 - Similar to Sweet Tooth's and Emmet's Super 3.
If made as Super 3 - Similar to Zues's Super 3. Mechabandicoot can use his chainsaw, shoot missiles, and shoot a lazer out of his nose.
- If made as Super 3 - Characters are transported into a similar stage like one of the original Crash Bandicoot games. Idea based off an IGN video, not sure if it's even possible.
- If made as Super 3 - Instakills everyone. Similar to Parappa's level 3. Displays Crash doing the famous Crash dance, but in amazing Playstation 3 graphics! Or it can make everyone else do the dance with him
- If made as Super 3 - Several clones of Crash clones appear on the screen all doing the Crash dance. Screen clearer.
Crash exiting from a portal from Crash: Warped
Crash exiting from his kart.
Crash sleeping with his tongue out.
Crash drives into the scene on his hot rod.
Crash stares at the screen like he did in the original Crash menu.
Crash collects a purple crystal.
Crash enters a warp portal.
Crash offers screen a dynomite birthday cake.
Crash Bandicoot 1-3 Death Animations
Crash turns into an angel and flies away.
Crash explodes and leaves nothing but his eyes, shorts and shoes behind.
Crash is vaporized.
Crash is burned into ashes.
Crash is turned into nothing but a head and feet, squished death animation.
Crash deflates like a balloon.
Crash flies into the screen.
My opinion on new Crash vs. old Crash
Look wise, I'd prefer old Crash but I don't care that much on what model they use. The new Crash to old Crash model comparison isn't as drastically large as the new Spyro to old Spyro. What bugged me about new Crash is that they changed the way he acts and the way that the entire game acted and felt. If we could get old Crash's model, cool! If we get new Crash, could they at least make him feel like old Crash?
Crash All-Star Images
Polar Panic was my favorite mini game in Crash Bash, so I think that would be awesome!
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I can't even describe how much fun I had playing against friends on polar panic.
@ThatDamnNarwhal It would seriously help if you made a "Here Comes A New Challenger" picture for Spyro, so we can post it on Activision's Twitter.
I will, I don't know why I haven't yet. I mean I love Spyro. I'm on it right now!
Time to find decent renders..
ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh yes! I want everyone doing the crash dance with him as his level 3. Seeing zeus, big daddy, and radec doing that would be the funniest thing ever!
I'd just love to see the Crash dance make a come back... in HD! I'm not sure if they'd animate the Crash dance to every character but if they do, the world would be a better place.
Not that it really matters, but Crash Bash was the first Crash game not made by Naughty Dog/Sony. I guess it was still an exclusive though.
I did it based off the first gen Playstation. Crash Bash isn't that far off Crash Bandicoot.
Twinsanity isn't that bad.