Mar 24 2013
By: fabsta1994 Uncharted Territory 1360 posts

[UPDATE] Sir Daniel Super Balance Thread

[ Edited ]
20 replies 1099 views Edited Mar 26, 2013

Alright guys, it's time to get serious. We need a definitive list of ideas and fit'em together to create an ideal set of buffs/alterations for Sir Daniel should he put up for a buff in the next patch.

I'll start with a basic list and a few of my own personal additions. Any other suggestions by you guys will be added to the list or replaced depeneding on what could be considered a good sign of improving Dan's kill game. His supers are what's holding him back and the gap between power in characters is still too wide.

Level 1

- The ability to aim towards the ground. It will be able to take out anyone trying to down-tech and keeps Dan's guessing game going without making the super overpowered. The lower lightning attack will also be able to nail short characters that down-tech as well. NOTE: This is NOT a horizontal beam. It is directed to the ground with the front-end of the lightning bolt touching the ground.

Level 2

- Orb homing increased.

- Beam means death.

Level 3

- The time it takes for the bubble to kill should be faster.

- If an enemy manages to escape Dan's field, the timer will not reset. If he catches you again it continues where it left off.

- When the super ends, should anyone still be left in the bubble is automatically killed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 21 (1,099 Views)
Splicer
81 posts

Re: Sir Daniel Super Balance Thread

Mar 24, 2013

This actually sounds good....like REALLY good

Message 2 of 21 (1,088 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Mar 25, 2013
Bump. Come on guys there's gotta be some support here.
Message 3 of 21 (1,057 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Mar 25, 2013

the lvl 3 super idea is great

Message 4 of 21 (1,051 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Mar 25, 2013

hmm a thought for lvl1, maybe be able to hold it by keeping R2 held down, maybe for 3 seconds or so, could help for different types of set ups

Message 5 of 21 (1,040 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1693 posts

Mar 25, 2013
his lvl3 would be way OP then
"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 6 of 21 (1,038 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4327 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 25, 2013

I would like to shoot lv. 1 at 180 degree, not around 135 degree, but that might cause Dan to be OP. 

Is the lv.3 glitch fixed?

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 7 of 21 (1,034 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 25, 2013

arrownoir wrote:
his lvl3 would be way OP then

I can argue that on large stages it is easier for opponents to escape and that field is small enough to avoid. There's also respawn, which won't always end up in the bubble most of the time. Dan is still his usual movement speed. His  Level 3 Super still takes awhile to obtain.

As for that suggestion on Lightning from a previous poster, that could be effective indeed. Let's see what others think.

FredFai wrote:

I would like to shoot lv. 1 at 180 degree, not around 135 degree, but that might cause Dan to be OP. 

Is the lv.3 glitch fixed?

That sounds cool, but with how fast the lightning comes out it would be the most powerful LVL1 in the game. Which is um... pretty overpowered with how fast you can acquire it.

I don't know if the glitch is still there or not. Can anyone confirm this?

Message 8 of 21 (1,004 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
76 posts

Mar 25, 2013

Can people still dodge roll before exploding in the lvl 3 bubble? If so, they oughta make that thing tech-proof. Make getting out of there more urgent.

Another idea I have for the lvl 3 is change it so that the move should kill based not on how long they are in the bubble, but on how long they've been in the bubble. You know, the clock won't reset once they've escaped, or at least would decay.

I also agree that the beam for his lvl 2 should kill. It would further add that the worst place to be when Dan has meter is right above him.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 21 (967 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

Mar 25, 2013

My number one request:

Make the orbs faster and smarter.

I'm pretty sure Sir Dan's Level 2 is the one of the only ones that's possible to avoid without dodging-- meaning, the opponent does a few lucky jumps and they're in the clear.  His Level 2 is pretty much my go-to Super for him, so while I'm glad they fixed the issue where some of the orbs wouldn't come out, I still think more needs to be done, honestly.

Especially when you compare his Level 2 to ones like Kratos' and Raiden's.

Message 10 of 21 (959 Views)
0 Likes