Fender Bender
3716 posts

Re: UNDENIABLE PROOF that super setups (kill confirms) are intended

Feb 18, 2013
why are people starting this argument again?

oh, and pb is beast with his Dante (not that it matters from me since i suck)
Play For Fun!
Message 131 of 137 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Feb 18, 2013
i wanna fight a forum person too Smiley Sad
Message 132 of 137 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

nasrulez wrote:
People who don't use confirms are like carpenters not using all their tools.

So if I don't like to use KCs because it's funner not to and they make the game stale for me, It's more complicated then that.

It's more like, people who use KCs are like bank robbers and SB handed them the gun, safe cracking stuff, etc.

Message 133 of 137 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1779 posts

Feb 18, 2013

The argument isn't so much whether or not they were intentional. It's whether they're actually balanced & make sense in this 3-Tier Super system. I think KC's are a terrible design choice for this game's fighting system, but I'd love to hear SuperBot's reasoning about why they think KC's are fine.

Even Maj (one of the game's combat designers) admitted on Sonic Hurricane that SuperBot definitely didn't think some of the KC's would become as popular as they are now. And remember when Omar Kendall said he thought online Evil Coles would focus mainly on Level 3's? Look how wrong he was.

Point is, developers aren't the omniscient masters of game design that most people in this forum think they are. They're human & can make mistakes. And if such a big portion of the community thinks that Level 1 KC's were a mistake even after the game's been out for so long, SuperBot should probably stop being so quiet about the subject and make a Tumblr post about why they believe KC's are fine.

So until they do, this KC argument isn't going to stop, because no one side's argument is any more valid than the other's.

Message 134 of 137 (133 Views)
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Some people have confirms because their supers are slow, predictable, and easily avoided. Others do not because they were meant to be combo heavy and build meter to win. People with not so great supers can brawl like beasts, others with amazing supers need to try hard as hell just to get to that super (MY NI**A  JAK). Do you think anyone would care about raiden if he was all just button mashing until his lvl 3 which really only gets you 3 kills unless your facing morons? NOPE. His only good way of guaranteeing a win is by confirming that lvl 1, and using his lvl 2 when multiple people are around him. In a 1v1 both his lvl 1 and 3 are pointless, and in 2v2 (i hope atleast) your partner should just murder raiden the second he catches you in the lvl 2. Can't tell you how many raidens I've made rage quit while I'm drake because I just see him lining up his lvl 2, I avoid it, then kill him and everyone he caught in the stun with my lvl 1 or 2. 

Jak on the other hand easily gets 6 kills with his lvl 3, same (or was atleast should be fixed next patch) with sackboy, so anyone using their lvl 1 confirms for 1 kill is just a tool. They require going for lvl 3 (especially in FFA) if you want to win. Just use logic and THINK about each character with easy confirms (except FP she is pretty broken) and imagine them without that confirm... How excatly would they win??? Cole/ evil coles lvl 2's are predicatble and punishable (especially EC lvl 2, another raiden like situation, I always kill him and everyone in his red circle if I am a character with a ranged lvl 1) and their level 3's are terrible. So lvl 1 needs a confirm so that they can ensure the meter isn't just completely wasted all game resulting in an a$$ whooping. 

Anyway I am getting tired of trying to use my brain to explain this stuff, I think I'm just gonna troll hard on every thread from now on, starting with this one.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 135 of 137 (104 Views)
Fender Bender
4120 posts

Feb 18, 2013

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

The argument isn't so much whether or not they were intentional. It's whether they're actually balanced & make sense in this 3-Tier Super system. I think KC's are a terrible design choice for this game's fighting system, but I'd love to hear SuperBot's reasoning about why they think KC's are fine.

Even Maj (one of the game's combat designers) admitted on Sonic Hurricane that SuperBot definitely didn't think some of the KC's would become as popular as they are now. And remember when Omar Kendall said he thought online Evil Coles would focus mainly on Level 3's? Look how wrong he was.

Point is, developers aren't the omniscient masters of game design that most people in this forum think they are. They're human & can make mistakes. And if such a big portion of the community thinks that Level 1 KC's were a mistake even after the game's been out for so long, SuperBot should probably stop being so quiet about the subject and make a Tumblr post about why they believe KC's are fine.

So until they do, this KC argument isn't going to stop, because no one side's argument is any more valid than the other's.

ok **bleep** all the other posts on this thread. This guy deserves all the attention and a **bleep** medal of honor.

Message 136 of 137 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2456 posts

Feb 18, 2013
I just wish more raidens would get level 3 and not kill confirmSmiley Sad I love being put inside of a box..
Message 137 of 137 (72 Views)
0 Likes