Jul 04 2012
By: Johnny_Epic First Son 4 posts
Accepted Solution

Trying to understand how this game works

3 replies 307 views Edited Jul 4, 2012

I like the idea of a "Sony Smash Bros" but I'm having trouble understanding how to score and I have some other questions too, but I am having trouble finding the answers.

The main question is how do you score. I know you score with super moves but whenever I watch videos of it I see characters die with no real clear super move hitting them. Am I just missing the super move being launced or does every character have a health bar I'm missing. I see a super bar that goes up, but I don't see a life bar that goes down. If this whole "only score off supers" thing is real is there any other confirmed modes?

Also is Snake and Cole confirmed, becuase I don't see them anywhere on the official site but on IMDB their voice actors are listed for the game.

Lastly I know that /\, [] and O are attacks while X is jump but do these moves change when a direction is added like Smash Bros. and do they change in mid air?

Thanks in advance for the answers. I know this seems lazy to just ask and not search for myself but It seems like these boards already know a fair amount about the game and I'm new to the boards.

Message 1 of 4 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
557 posts

Re: Trying to understand how this game works

Jul 4, 2012

Johnny_Epic wrote:

I like the idea of a "Sony Smash Bros" but I'm having trouble understanding how to score and I have some other questions too, but I am having trouble finding the answers.

The main question is how do you score. I know you score with super moves but whenever I watch videos of it I see characters die with no real clear super move hitting them. Am I just missing the super move being launced or does every character have a health bar I'm missing. I see a super bar that goes up, but I don't see a life bar that goes down. If this whole "only score off supers" thing is real is there any other confirmed modes?

Also is Snake and Cole confirmed, becuase I don't see them anywhere on the official site but on IMDB their voice actors are listed for the game.

Lastly I know that /\, [] and O are attacks while X is jump but do these moves change when a direction is added like Smash Bros. and do they change in mid air?

Thanks in advance for the answers. I know this seems lazy to just ask and not search for myself but It seems like these boards already know a fair amount about the game and I'm new to the boards.

1. As of right now, the only way to score is by pulling off a super. You probably just missed the super move hit them.

2. Don't believe anything on IMDB, anyone can edit that. However, it was revealed in a tweet that Snake and Cole's voice actors were working on the game, so very likely.

3.Yes. Omar (game director) said each character has about 2 dozen moves. There's a neutral and there's an attack with a button+direction.

Message 2 of 4 (304 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Jul 4, 2012

Thanks for the info. I wish the site was better. WHen clicking the characters, all you get is a bio. I was hoping for a moves list or something. I really liked the way the Smash Bros. site worked. It was and still is full of great info on the game.

Message 3 of 4 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Jul 4, 2012

1. You can only kill with supers.  All the seemingly random deaths you've seen are probably from Level 1 or 2 supers, some of which aren't very flashy and are easy to miss.   As far as confirmed modes, stock mode (limited lives) and timed mode are confirmed, as are team battles of any combination (1v3, 2v2, 1v2, etc).  

Also, one of the devs confirmed that "knocking characters off the stage" is NOT a part of the game, and even in wide open stages you can see characters bounce off an invisible wall when knocked to the edge.

2. IMDb is full of **** when it comes to unreleased games.   I wouldn't trust it.   However, Cole's voice actor pretty much confirmed Cole and Snake on Twitter:

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/05/21/voice-actor-confirms-cole-snake-drake-for-battle-royale/

3. 24 moves:

Neutral, Side, Up, and Down on /\,O,[] = 12

Air versions of all of those (they do change in the air - some more than others) = another 12

Plus throws and 3 supers.  Since throws are mapped to the Right stick, I assume you can throw in any direction and there are different throws for back, forward, down, and up like in brawl.

There's also block, dodge, and taunt.  Block is different for some characters (Sly goes invisible rather than blocking)

0 Likes