Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 27 2012
By: bob-maul PlayStation MVP 11845 posts

Trophy optimism....

13 replies 174 views Edited Oct 27, 2012

Now, I just got back on the forums after a slight hiatus, and I decided to look at the trophies for the game. I fully believe these are the trophies for the game, but I think that there are more. Look at any new game you get and you will find a few hidden trophies. Mainly, these hide special unlocks, or plot information (killing a final boss, for instance). 

What might this mean? I am about 80% certain the final characters are the 20 listed. But my optimistic 20% is giving me a hopeful hypothesis. What if the hidden trophies are for the unlockable/secret characters (plus a "defeat [insert boss name])? There has been so much evidence for characters like Crash, wander, and snake that I just feel that these characters might be secret/unlockable. In a thread showing pics of the stage select screen, we see the stages plus a page "2." Now, this could be to hide the boss stage or it might be hiding the newer cross-overs. We have numerous cross-over stages already with the same game theme, so why put even more?

I hope this is true. Is this a good hypothesis? I think it is possible, but I do not feel very confident in it. Why? Just all the things Omar has said to stop it. But, Sony has had the developer lie before. Remember David Jaffe with the new Twisted Metal? He DIRECTLY said that there was NO new Twisted Metal game in development.

Hopeful, Yes. Improbable, maybe. 

"The business of the industry is business"
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Re: Trophy optimism....

Oct 27, 2012
I can see where you're getting at and I do think this is a good hypothesis and ya know, as annoyed some people are that some of us like to have faith I'm also thinking we have more characters because I have taken to account the evidence you brought up, ya know Paul Gale's hints, Rumba Lumba's uploads, the strategy guide listings of unlockable characters, the fact that they wouldn't let people try out any single player modes at the LA Beatdown event, ect. I can't help but feel that they're hiding something.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (160 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11845 posts

Oct 27, 2012

The evidence is not conclusive, but it does point in that direction. Gale was right about everything else, so why not this all of a sudden? Sure, he said it might be wrong, but that is because of what the developers have been saying. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (158 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Oct 27, 2012
not every game has hidden trophies.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (138 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11845 posts

Oct 27, 2012

COREYMCGUIRE1993 wrote:
not every game has hidden trophies.

Which is why I said this is optimistic and not too probable. The trophy list is pathetically easy, however. It needs a few more to offset the easy stuff. Then again, unlocking characters does not sound like they'd make it too hard. 

Again, this idea is optimistic

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
551 posts

Oct 27, 2012
You never know, they might have a dlc pack later or something that comes with trophies aswell...I'd be more incline to believe that
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (129 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11845 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Well, i would expect a character pack to have a trophy or two. My point here is simply the lack of hidden trophies in the official list leads my optimistic mindset to the improbable, but possible conclusion they were excluded for spoiler purposes (i.e. characters and final boss)

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 27, 2012
well, unlike most of the trophy hunter pros here,
i'm glad that the trophies look easy,
this might be my first platinum! :smileyhappy:
Play For Fun!
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1494 posts

Oct 27, 2012
this will be my 4 th :smileyvery-happy:
lbp2 - uncharted 2- modern warfare 2- and all stars :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (90 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Sorry to disrupt your hope, but Omar Kendell went on record and said all characters are available from the beginning and that the 20 we see is what we get. As for bosses I'm pretty sure there's just the one final boss which is covered by the clear Arcade mode trophies.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (74 Views)
0 Likes