Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Re: Trolls disliking my All stars Videos.. :(

Jan 17, 2013

Fromundaman wrote:
Okay, Game Grumps is an exception. I also actually haven't seen the Avengers commentary.

IDK if you're familiar with MVC3 at all though, but something like "The Online Warrior" for this game would be very beneficial to the community I feel. I might actually try to start something like that if I ever get a capture card.

Well, you don't SEE commentary. Smiley Tongue

I guess, I'm just not much of a competitive gamer. As such, I prefer more comical works to sprout from the gaming medium.  (If that wasn't clear by every PSASBR video I've uploaded...)
While it's true that comedy and commentary can go hand-in-hand, I really wish it wasn't the dream nearly every gamer with a capture card to start doing LPs. 

I mean, look at Spoony's extensive FFVIII review. He had no idea that it was going to explode in popularity. And that eventually he wouldn't just be talking over gameplay, but writing, shooting, and editing together a comedic review in later iterations.

"Remember what the Director said: It is important to have ambition." - Sigma (Red vs. Blue)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 41 of 50 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Jan 18, 2013
@MLcharted: I will assume from your username that you play Uncharted 3 somewhat. That game is great for making videos since you can navigate the map at any time and get some awesome camera angles. Not many games boast this technology yet. For emphasis:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8SxdzAS34E&feature=youtube_gdata_player
I would be happy to join you and commentate with you in a few matches (PSAS, U3, or whatever) and maybe switch off which channel each video goes to. Let me know what you think.
Message 42 of 50 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Jan 18, 2013

JetstreamAlcove wrote:
@MLcharted: I will assume from your username that you play Uncharted 3 somewhat. That game is great for making videos since you can navigate the map at any time and get some awesome camera angles. Not many games boast this technology yet. For emphasis:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8SxdzAS34E&feature=youtube_gdata_player
I would be happy to join you and commentate with you in a few matches (PSAS, U3, or whatever) and maybe switch off which channel each video goes to. Let me know what you think.

Did they ever fix the YT upload feature in Uncharted 3?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 43 of 50 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Jan 18, 2013
I've never uploaded directly so I'm not sure...
Message 44 of 50 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Jan 18, 2013

JetstreamAlcove wrote:
I've never uploaded directly so I'm not sure...

Because if so, that could be a great alternative for ML. Before he gets a capture card, that is.

WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 45 of 50 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Jan 18, 2013
I think the quality of his camcorder is better than the video the game takes for you though.
Message 46 of 50 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Jan 18, 2013

JetstreamAlcove wrote:
I think the quality of his camcorder is better than the video the game takes for you though.

Really? I guess this is what I meant by asking if they "fixed" this. I remember it being baaad.

WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 47 of 50 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Jan 18, 2013
Oh yeah, the footage looks aweful, but the PS3 just doesn't have the power to replicate a full 3D match and record HD video at the same time, and you really can't blame them for that.
Message 48 of 50 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Jan 18, 2013

JetstreamAlcove wrote:
Oh yeah, the footage looks aweful, but the PS3 just doesn't have the power to replicate a full 3D match and record HD video at the same time, and you really can't blame them for that.

I hate to say this, but Halo figured this stuff out a while ago. And don't the recent Call of Duty games have a solid Theater option? I'm sure if Naughty Dog wasn't divided during the U3's production, it would have a proper Theater system. 

WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 49 of 50 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Jan 18, 2013
I stand corrected...
U3 is a bit older though, right?
and it's still better than nothing *this game*.
Message 50 of 50 (41 Views)
0 Likes