I Only Post Everything
998 posts

Re: Trick for avoiding Drake's level 3

Mar 10, 2013
Yeah you do that, I'll be in the corner jumping.
Message 11 of 19 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Mar 10, 2013

Good luck with that, like I said in another post the typical common Drake pattern for those who strive to get Level 3:

Pre-Level 3: Jump barrel, ak or grenade, or slide until Level 3

Level 3: Jump shoot, jump shoot, jump shoot, downdowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndown jump shoot, jump shoot jump shoot, downdowndowndowndown...

aaaand repeat.

Double Jumping USED to be good at dodging Drake's autoaim shot, but then Drakes found out that jumpshooting makes it near impossible to dodge it. I honestly think that super lasts too long for how quickly and easily Drake can gain AP and keep opponents at bay. Keep it about the duration of FP's Level 3 and I think I'll be more okay.

~GL

#PrincessPowerhouse
#PrincessPowerhouse
Message 12 of 19 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Mar 10, 2013
I attack drake while im a zombie, usually because of 2 things. a) im on my lastlife and im gonna die anyway, or b) perhaps to save an ally by drawing his attention, and thats worked a few times in the past.
December 11th 2012: Went 12-0 ranked FFA. (Jak)
December 13th 2012: Went 8-0 Stock Unranked FFA. (Jak)
January 10th 2013: Sniped Asis_aka_talent into Jak's lvl 1. (Uncle Radec)
April 16th 2013: Caught parappa's lvl 2 with Sweet Tooth's lvl 1 and didn't die in the process (Sweet Tooth)
May 5th 2013: Got my Radec eviscerated by whaatxddd's radec in 1v1. Kmart, u better watch out.
Just learnt "Drake" and is now learning "Nariko".
Message 13 of 19 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Mar 10, 2013

Thx, didn't know that. The safest place to avoid the level 3 is directly above Drake's head. Next time I encounter him I'll try to attack him when falling down and jump back up again.

The Jak Archives:
http://allstararena.com/threads/the-jak-archives.449/
Message 14 of 19 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Mar 11, 2013

It needs to become the norm for people to attack Drake during lvl3. It only takes two hits to flatten him, wasting precious seconds, and that can be done easily with only one zombie. We all know that Drakes take advantage of the recovery reset you get from landing. That's how they shoot so fast and why they jump before rolling a barrel or doing pretty much anything. Using that same technique just one zombie can flatten Drake by hopping, slashing, and slashing again right after landing. With everyone after him it'd be even easier. And before he stands up, jump in the air right above him. It's difficult to hit a zombie directly over head and slash as you come down. If it became the norm Drakes might not even use lvl3's anymore... Not that their other supers are preferably. So people, hunt him down and trust in your undead comrades to do the same! 

1808 posts

Mar 11, 2013
My bro played a ffa match where everyone teamedup and attacked Drake while in zombie mode. It was hilarious because he couldn't do anything haha. But a good Drake player will shoot all of the zombies while they're stunned, and then you'll be too far away to risk running in and attacking. Its bet to jump and do figure eights in the air.

See more on Know Your Meme
Message 16 of 19 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
223 posts

Mar 11, 2013

I just jump over him and do aerial attacks on him while desperatly trying to avoid getting shot.

Let's take a moment to consider my mistakes. Ah, who am I kidding? I didn't make any.
-The War Mage (Orcs Must Die!)
Message 17 of 19 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Mar 11, 2013
I always go in for the attack.
I just hate him so much allready... I don't care if I get killed.

But if all zombies would try to attack him nonstop...
At least we could reduce the kills he would get in total.

I imagine if two zombies flank him and constantly bash him he would lose a lot of precious time...

My Alundra Moveset:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Alundra-fan-moveset/m-p/39401295#U39401295
Message 18 of 19 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Mar 11, 2013

Depending on the stage, attacking him would be viable even after you respawn.

0 Likes