2494 posts

Re: Toro and Heihachi Rivalry

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2012

Kamjatang wrote:

CountMario wrote:

Kamjatang wrote:

redsoxdsp46 wrote:

Those two are nothing like each other... why are they rivals? And are there any other confirmed rivals?

The point is to have two very different characters meet with eachother, characters that would never meet under any other circumstance.

A lot of people want to pair rivals that are similiar, like Rachet and Jak, which is so predictable.

Diversity is fun.

I don't think it is. I want characters that are similar to fight, that's the whole point of dream match-ups.

Besides, they're perfect for each other. Toro cameo'd as a fighter in Street FighterXTekken and Toro imitates famous video game fighters with his stances and moves.

Let's take the Hades stage as an example to what I'm trying to say.

You have Hades ruling his world, and then he gets invaded and taken down by little Patapons.

Something about that puts a smile on my face. It's inspiring and neat. Same thing can be said about the Dojo. Chop Chop Onion Master taking down a MAWLR from Killzone is really amazing.

This mashing up idea is about fantasy. Similiar character match-ups like Jak and Rachet are anti-climatic and too simple. 

But from my perspective, it's an epic meeting that's been anticipated for a long time. Sorry, I think I was a bit too harsh at first, as I can agree that random match-ups can turn out to be pretty awesome like Hades.

But honestly, I want to just keep that with the stages. For characters, many people have recommended match-ups for years. I'm ten times more interested in seeing what happens when Kratos and Dante meet than Cole and PaRappa. It's just that, I feel opportunities like this should be taken as a love letter to the fans. Coming from a big comic book fan that's seen awesome match-ups of super-heroes, they can really turn out to be spectacular and just awe-inspiring.

Sure, random things could be fun, but nothing gives you a better feeling than seeing some of your favorite people duke it out. That's just me. I kind of find the whole random match-up craziness to be a bit overrated, exciting, but overrated. Of course, you could say the same thing about wanted match-ups. I'll just stick to my opinion, and you can stick to yours.

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 11 of 12 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2388 posts

Re: Toro and Heihachi Rivalry

Jul 24, 2012
They have done team ups with Ratchet and Jak (and SLy) already, in PS move heroes or watever.
Message 12 of 12 (48 Views)