Highlighted
Jul 24 2012
By: Fehios Lombax Warrior 248 posts

Toro and Heihachi Rivalry

[ Edited ]
11 replies 262 views Edited Jul 24, 2012

What do you guys think of the Rivalry between Toro and Heihachi?

personally I thought Toro would have been better for someone else. I think they did this for Japan though

Also on another note. Could it be a trend in which whenever there are a pair of characters that are anounced they are each others rivals?

Toro and Heihachi.

Cole and Jak are rivals?

Message 1 of 12 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
745 posts

Re: Toro and Heihachi Rivalry

Jul 24, 2012

Those two are nothing like each other... why are they rivals? And are there any other confirmed rivals?

LUDICROUS_BANANA STRIKES AGAIN!

Fadi is the greatest sig creator within 1 mile
Message 2 of 12 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
248 posts

Jul 24, 2012
Message 3 of 12 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
557 posts

Jul 24, 2012

redsoxdsp46 wrote:

Those two are nothing like each other... why are they rivals? And are there any other confirmed rivals?

The point is to have two very different characters meet with eachother, characters that would never meet under any other circumstance.

A lot of people want to pair rivals that are similiar, like Rachet and Jak, which is so predictable.

Diversity is fun.

Message 4 of 12 (224 Views)
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Jul 24, 2012

toro should be with someone his own height lol

adventure time gif Pictures, Images and Photos
CAN I HAZ YOUR CANDY!
Message 5 of 12 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

Jul 24, 2012

Kamjatang wrote:

redsoxdsp46 wrote:

The point is to have two very different characters meet with eachother, characters that would never meet under any other circumstance.

A lot of people want to pair rivals that are similiar, like Rachet and Jak, which is so predictable.

Diversity is fun.

I don't think it is. I want characters that are similar to fight, that's the whole point of dream match-ups.

Besides, they're perfect for each other. Toro cameo'd as a fighter in Street FighterXTekken and Toro imitates famous video game fighters with his stances and moves.

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 6 of 12 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
745 posts

Jul 24, 2012

These would make the most sense to me

Jak and Ratchet

Sly and Snake

Drake and Lara Croft

Crash and Spyro

Kratos and Sweet Tooth

Parrapa and Fat Princess

Cole and ????

LUDICROUS_BANANA STRIKES AGAIN!

Fadi is the greatest sig creator within 1 mile
Message 7 of 12 (206 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Jul 24, 2012

Personally, I prefer the more random matchups to the more obvious ones, but they could have both kinds in the game. For example they could have the expected Jak & Daxter vs. Ratchet & Clank but also something really crazy like Kratos vs. Sackboy. Unless Dante gets in, I'd love to see Kratos face off against someone like Sackboy or PaRappa.

Message 8 of 12 (190 Views)
Survivor
2388 posts

Jul 24, 2012
All I need is Drake and Sweet Tooth and im set haha
Message 9 of 12 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
557 posts

Jul 24, 2012

CountMario wrote:

Kamjatang wrote:

redsoxdsp46 wrote:

Diversity is fun.

I don't think it is. I want characters that are similar to fight, that's the whole point of dream match-ups.

Besides, they're perfect for each other. Toro cameo'd as a fighter in Street FighterXTekken and Toro imitates famous video game fighters with his stances and moves.

Let's take the Hades stage as an example to what I'm trying to say.

You have Hades ruling his world, and then he gets invaded and taken down by little Patapons.

Something about that puts a smile on my face. It's inspiring and neat. Same thing can be said about the Dojo. Chop Chop Onion Master taking down a MAWLR from Killzone is really amazing.

This mashing up idea is about fantasy. Similiar character match-ups like Jak and Rachet are anti-climatic and too simple. 

Message 10 of 12 (135 Views)