Sackboy
457 posts

Re: Toro=Sackboy?

Dec 19, 2012
Anti Spam?

Super Smash Bros Brawl Implemented a system called (SMN) Stale move negation which mean use a move more often then others the damage and knockback would greatly decrease
Message 11 of 28 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Dec 19, 2012
As an experienced Toro player, I can answer the reason for the air Down-Triangle move during his Oni Form. When it's a 1v1 match that move can easily be cancelled into a Henshin-Justice (Up-Square) and then cancel into a Triangle attack. Against more players like a Free-for-all is a little different and will make connecting attacks a little harder without getting hit and interrupted, worst-case getting hit from a Super!

In the case of "spammers" I want to even find out what's their mentality like as they're playing because I only see most of them stay in their Oni Form and use Down-Triangle. Air Down-Triangle in Oni is a great move to lead into combos if you know how to cancel to Toro's Henshin! Forms and use their Trianlge moves all within 1 second in a match.

In short, experienced players (just a guess) would use that move several times to find an opening to get a combo going, and average players would use it several times to...I dunno, play casually?

I would like other good and reasonable inputs on this, because Toro is a great All-Star character.
~So much knowledge, so little time. Let's get going and play to our heart's content~
Message 12 of 28 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Kinda gonna call **bleep**, most Sackboy players are swarming Drake after the nerf. I've been playing every day for hours at a time and I see more fat princess then I do Toro (only ran into one today)

I mean I main Toro and all, but still. Someone said it best earlier, his ninja form is annoying to go against a lot due to the mobility, but it doesn't build **bleep** for meter. Justice builds it pretty quick and all of his moves go into each other if you can time it right, and Oni is his simplest skill set. Most people honestly just spam his down kick with oni because it lets them nail the ground down triangle hammer smash which builds alright AP on it's own. A good Toro knows not to do it and go into a combo though, and another thing I should clear up, dive kick into level 1 isn't garunteed to kill. Not sure if it's lag but you can mash out a roll fast enough depending on your character to dodge it so there's no reason to get rid of it.

Message 13 of 28 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Dec 19, 2012
^ one great thing I love about toro is how situational his stances are. Speed, power, or AoE. Maybe one of the reasons he's so balanced perhaps?

I have yet to see anyone dodge a dive kick lv 1 combo
Message 14 of 28 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Dec 19, 2012
I do the set up a lot, I've had spike and sackboy and one of the coles dodge it EVERY time, like each time, so it's not just a fluke
Message 15 of 28 (176 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Dec 19, 2012
Dude have you played against Kratos, Radec, or Sly? I main Toro and I barely see one a day. But, these people are all over the place.
Message 16 of 28 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Dec 20, 2012
I see a lot of Drakes myself as much as the Sackboys. Toro appears every now and then in my case, whether or not I'm playing as him or someone else, or both!
~So much knowledge, so little time. Let's get going and play to our heart's content~
Message 17 of 28 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Dec 20, 2012

okay, after I replied earlier, I've fought a decent number of Toro's who literally spam the oni stance. I've never seen Toro players play this bad before. Its actually depressing that they are ruining such a good character :smileysad:

Message 18 of 28 (130 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Dec 20, 2012

To me it just makes sense that it took awhile for Toro to become popular because he is unknown to most non-Japanese gamers and he is more nuisanced than, say, Kratos or PaRappa. I just went through arcade mode with him recently and found hes one of my favorites. 

And how can you resist that meow?

Message 19 of 28 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Dec 20, 2012

I'm sure any anime fans would pick up toro pretty fast lol

Message 20 of 28 (116 Views)
0 Likes