Jan 02 2013
By: RikkiRossTheBoss Survivor 2454 posts

Topic: dantes bold cancel

24 replies 318 views Edited Jan 2, 2013
To stop clogging aylas's thread I've made the thread here to continue it.

Should it be allowed to bold cancel into level 1?

I believe not I KNOW Dante can bold cancel period, sick of people saying I don't but to IN MY OWN OPINION I believe bold cancelling into level 1 defeats the gaming mechanic of the game as you are cancelling each move to reduce the the delay speed of the level 1 coming out then the regular 3x square combo. Don't get me wrong I know its hard etc etc etc but I think to combo into level 1 is over the top.

Now people will totally disagree because they believe a digital computer game cannot be made without flaws and is suppose to intentionally be there JUST because its not patched.

Just like it was intentionally be in a ratchet and clank to walk through any wall by trapping you're self between the wall and a decoy
Message 1 of 25 (318 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6395 posts

Re: Topic: dantes bold cancel

Jan 2, 2013

Well since we can continue, how do you feel about the other characters combo into supers, like Raiden, Fat Princess, and even I found one that gives 95 ap for Spike then you can kill them.

Anyways the way bold canceling works is not to reduce the delay speed, but it is to reset Dante's position and he has a chance to level 1 from it. It does not change the properties of his level 1.

Message 2 of 25 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Jan 2, 2013
just hear me out here when a character attacks depending on that attack there is a delay on activating your level. The gaming mechanic on this certain strategy is I think at a wrong because as you said it resets his position (if done correctly). Every character has there delay but Dante breaks this through his bold cancel. Am not against bold cancel itself but the fact you can do it to a level is a slight unfair advantage to anyone that can perform it

And I don't really wanna get of topic on this thread ginta can we save that for another thread
Message 3 of 25 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

Jan 2, 2013

Do you ever post about anything else? Let it go, the designers have said a number of times that they like the bold cancel.

Message 4 of 25 (295 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
398 posts

Jan 2, 2013

I've only played against one Dante since this game was released (I pre-ordred and have played since release) that has used this tactic. It is very RARELY used so I don't see the issue. But we'll see what becomes of it as more time passes.

Message 5 of 25 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Jan 2, 2013
@red_ring

This is the first time? Get off the high horse n check what I post before hand
Message 6 of 25 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Jan 2, 2013
They never once mention the bold cancel. And I agree rikki, the bad thing is I would win matches more if I fought with someone who didn't spam kill confirms. My rival is rodbow and Marcussoul and Ctrlxaltxelite. They are all good players who don't use kill confirm characters and really learned there character
Message 7 of 25 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 2, 2013

pb_mal wrote:
They never once mention the bold cancel. And I agree rikki, the bad thing is I would win matches more if I fought with someone who didn't spam kill confirms. My rival is rodbow and Marcussoul and Ctrlxaltxelite. They are all good players who don't use kill confirm characters and really learned there character

Seth killian and maj have both said on twitter that they consider the bold cancel a creative and positive thing.

Message 8 of 25 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Jan 2, 2013
Link me
Message 9 of 25 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Jan 2, 2013
@red ring
The actually move 'bold cancel' is awesome, Dante is one of my mains now but what am saying is that fact that it breaks the delaying time when done in a certain way is wrong. You can bold cancel into anything you want but because it breaks the delay speed of the level 1 coming out so it KC's is wrong there should still be that delay on it but still be able to use the bold cancel
Message 10 of 25 (252 Views)
0 Likes