Dec 04 2012
By: arrownoir Uncharted Territory 1693 posts

Too many Alternate word for Cats online

[ Edited ]
6 replies 140 views Edited Dec 4, 2012

Sheesh, take your beating like a man

I got creamed by spammers for three straight matches (including a burlap sack) but I stayed (In stock free for all mind you)

but 4 straight other matches (against almost the same people) everytime I'm about to get a win they just blatantly quit

or in stock matches, a lot of time guys quit immediately after being eliminated (when they're the host)

Something's gotta be done, hand out suspensions, strip belt points/level etc... anything to discourage these acts of cowardice

but first SB will have to fix the online (My God is it bad)

but yeah, these guys have got to go (I would prefer a week suspension myself for every 3 times someone do it)

"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 1 of 7 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2443 posts

Re: Too many Alternate word for Cats online

Dec 4, 2012
I remember playing uncharted 2 and if you left online matches on there you would lose a substantial chunk of XP, and be suspended for a certain ammount of time depending on how often you quit. maybe they could do that in this, derank your character, or get rid of your belt rank, and then suspend you for a bit of time.

Message 2 of 7 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

No to suspension. Yes to dropping ranks. I think quitting should make you lose more ranks than losing a match. This would discourage the action greatly. Oh, and give the win/loss to their respective earners.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 3 of 7 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2443 posts

Dec 4, 2012
if they didn't get a suspension then people could just keep doing it over and over. it would only be after you've quit about 3 games in a 24 hour time period or so.
Message 4 of 7 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Dec 4, 2012

GnomeWizard wrote:
if they didn't get a suspension then people could just keep doing it over and over. it would only be after you've quit about 3 games in a 24 hour time period or so.

Or they can keep losing their ranks and others can keep gaining their ranks. The only bad thing quitting might cause in my "fix" is annoyance in not seeing a winners animation or score. You get your win/rank up. They get their rank decreased (and then some for quitting). It leaves no reason to quit.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 5 of 7 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Dec 4, 2012
Or pause the game and make someone else the host.

At the very least there should be a penalty for leaving, even losing connection, because it just ain't fair for the people having a good game and you as a high belt is losing and then "oops my connection broke by mistake just as I was losing, how did that happen" *trollface*

A small BP bonus for not quitting was a good attempt, but it's not good enough, when you can quit a game as host with no penalty. You start a battle, if your internet can't handle 3 minutes of fighting, then you don't deserve your points.
Message 6 of 7 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 4, 2012
I think MVC3 incorperated a system where by if you quit the game early you'd ONLY be matched up with other players who quit early until you've stopped doing it.
Message 7 of 7 (56 Views)
0 Likes