Wastelander
721 posts

Re: Tomorrow = Christmas noobs

Dec 25, 2012
Rai get ready for a horrible plot draw from infamous 1 to 2... You'll see...
Message 21 of 29 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Dec 25, 2012

DrDude101 wrote:

I already have seen walkthroughs and everything. I know what I'm getting into Smiley Wink Everybody I know says 2 is only better gameplay wise, but 1 had a much better story.

Message 22 of 29 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

Dec 25, 2012

**bleep**.. the holiday is still celebrated as a feast in the Catholic Church. Even if Jesus was actually born in the summer, it's still a Catholic practice over capitalized by America sharing German traditions.

It's still a celebration of the birth of Jesus and that's why it exists...

Message 23 of 29 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1336 posts

Dec 25, 2012

RaiXku wrote:

For Christmas I bought 4 games for myself (I'm sad, I know)

inFamous (Have had 2 for awhile, never picked up 1)

LBP2 Special Edition (For lulz, its a fun game)

The Jak HD Collection (Some of the best games on the PS2, now on my PS3)

Killzone Trilogy (Because of PSABR, I've come to love Killzone, why not try out the games?)

My PS2's component cables also died so I can't play any of the Sly games anymore Smiley Sad I have 2 options, buy new cables, or just get the Sly Collection. Depends on how much cash I can hall in after tommorow... options, options.

Aren't the component cables of the ps2 and ps3 the same? I think I used them interchangeably before I had an hdmi.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Message 24 of 29 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 25, 2012

DrDude101 wrote:

I have no idea what you're talking about. There is nothing I can think of that inFamous has on inFamous 2. Not from a design, narrative, or presentation standpoint.

The characters had way more dimension in the sequel, not to mention a solid ending that doesn't uneccesarily extend the series into a trilogy. Zeke was helping Cole as penance for his prior follies. Cole went from being less of a "Rorschach" and more of a "Spider-Man". (Less grunty voice, greater sense of humor) The characters EVOLVED like real human beings.

But why am I defending this!? Yahtzee Croshaw said everything that needed to be said about the inFamous series in his reviews and Top 5 of 2011. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 25 of 29 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Dec 25, 2012
I still liked inFamous 1 better.

And yes, 1 had something on 2: bosses. 1 had worthwhile bosses, 2 had throwaway bosses.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 26 of 29 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Dec 25, 2012
i only played inFAMOUS 2, but i don't remember there being bosses...
Play For Fun!
Message 27 of 29 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Dec 25, 2012
That's the thing. None of inFamous 2's bosses were memorable at all. Most of them were generic monsters that you had to fight many times. The only ones that weren't were Bertrand, Nix, Kuo, and The Beast. Bertrand just felt like another generic fight against those kind of bosses, Kuo was dissapointingly easy, Nix didn't feel like a bossfight, more like a chase, and The Beast fight didn't really carry the weight it should have.

In InFamous 1, you fought Sasha, Alden, and Kessler (from what I remember), and each one of those boss fights felt more important and satisfying than 2's.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 28 of 29 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

Dec 25, 2012
No I'm saying the story from infamous 1 to 2 made no sense and could have been WAY better. The beast is the guy you never met and all he does is QQ at the end. "I can't do this, you be the beast now cole..." So that thing hunting Kessler from the first game and the big warning was really the dead guy....
Message 29 of 29 (45 Views)
0 Likes