Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Re: Tomb Raider - New Lara for All Stars

Mar 6, 2013
Ha, fair enough. Although I think it's safe to assume Crystal Dynamics took a few pages out of Naughty Dogs book for this game. I found it kind of funny how they remained publicly oblivious of the similarities, even when directly asked.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 11 of 13 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Mar 6, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Ha, fair enough. Although I think it's safe to assume Crystal Dynamics took a few pages out of Naughty Dogs book for this game. I found it kind of funny how they remained publicly oblivious of the similarities, even when directly asked.

they might've been publicly oblivious,

but they were privately denying that there was any similarities between Tomb Raider and Uncharted,

Monty Oum, of Rooster Teeth, was onced taking a tour around the area, 'cause this was before he worked at Rooster Teeth, and he also applied at Crystal Dynamics, and he said tat the guys from Crystal Dynamics constantly told him that "(they're) not Uncharted"

Play For Fun!
Message 12 of 13 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 6, 2013
It's odd, because the game screams Uncharted. I'm not saying it's a copy or a rip off, I'm just saying they have clearly taken inspiration from it, and as ND always been honest about their inspirations from the classic Tomb Raider games and been respectful in their responses, so should Crystal Dynamics.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 13 of 13 (64 Views)