Nov 15 2012
By: Prent62 Wastelander 846 posts

Tokyo Jungle

16 replies 449 views Edited Nov 15, 2012

I had just bought the game, and it suddenly hit me how much this game deserves mention in Playstation All-Stars.

It is one of the best PSN games I've played, and it sold loads. Even non-Playstation fans love it, and it got great reviews. Not only is it a Japan Studio rep, but it is also mascot-worthy to Sony (At eurogamer expo, Tokyo Jungle had the third largest Sony booth after PAS and the Vita)

I think this game would make for a really good DLC stage. I had two ideas for mashups:

Motorstorm: Apocalypse - Motorstorm racers invade the tokyo jungle.

Assassin's Creed III - Connor comes out of the bushes and picks the animals off one by one before getting into a fight some wolves, a bear, and a kangaroo. After beating them, he is swamped by a gang of pomerians.

Message 1 of 17 (449 Views)
Sackboy
552 posts

Re: Tokyo Jungle

Nov 15, 2012
That would be really cool, and the game looks awesome too. If only there was a Dog minion? I forget what minions even are! :smileyvery-happy:
Message 2 of 17 (445 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 16, 2012

I've been spouting the fact that the Pomeranian should be a character for the game. I always have this weird thing of always picking the shortest characters in a fighting game, plus I just like the spectacle of a tiny dog ripping the juggular vein out of a Big Daddy.

Message 3 of 17 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Naughta_Noob wrote:

I've been spouting the fact that the Pomeranian should be a character for the game. I always have this weird thing of always picking the shortest characters in a fighting game, plus I just like the spectacle of a tiny dog ripping the juggular vein out of a Big Daddy.

Shouldn't be a character. Should definitely be a stage. A dog in a game, would make as much sense as the Spyro dilemma where he can't pick up items, like the rocket launcher.

A tiny dog would be a weird choice.

Message 4 of 17 (392 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Marvel 3 had Amaterasu, plus the dog has a mouth to hold things (e.g. Pikachu in smash). I'd say the only real problem is the character's size which they could make just a rather large Pomeranian so projectiles don't just whiz over it's head.

Message 5 of 17 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
846 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Naughta_Noob wrote:

Marvel 3 had Amaterasu, plus the dog has a mouth to hold things (e.g. Pikachu in smash). I'd say the only real problem is the character's size which they could make just a rather large Pomeranian so projectiles don't just whiz over it's head.

Projectiles go over Parappa and Sly's heads.

Message 6 of 17 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 16, 2012
Now, the Pomeranian is the iconic character but not a main character at all. He wouldn't represent much on his own. Now ERC-003 on the other hand, he would be neat. Also, a Tokyo Jungle level sounds fantastic.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 7 of 17 (338 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Nov 16, 2012

I think you guys are really reaching on this one.

HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER!

... a dog.

Message 8 of 17 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
846 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Which is why I said it should be a stage.

Message 9 of 17 (325 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Prent62 wrote:

Which is why I said it should be a stage.

I must admit, I only really read Naughta_Noob's comment about having the pomerianian as a playable character. It's just plain silly, and any comparisons to Amaterasu are out of context and miss the point completely.

I would like to see a Tokyo Jungle stage too. Whenever I think of Tokyo Jungle, I always think of I Am Legend where Will's hunting antelope in a Ford Mustang.

Message 10 of 17 (319 Views)
0 Likes