Message 11 of 16 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Re: Today I completed Parappa trialls on All-Star diff

Nov 22, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

HighFlyer_15 wrote:
There should've at least been some kind of reward of trophy for doing them with all characters, but there isn't. There's NO reason to use those "100s of hours" that Seth was talking about.
A little boring, but I'll still do a bunch of them, just to learn my characters better

Thank God there is no reward at all, so I can simply skip them and actually trying to have fun with this game. Doing the arcade mode is already enough as a bore... 

Yeah, but that's the point.

No reward for doing a challenge. That's like telling a donkey to drag a cart without putting a carrot in front of it.

They need to rethink these modes for future sequels.

Tons of content does not equal tons of fun when it's the same over and over again.

I really can't see how difficult it is to set victory parameters. The cast is diverse, so why do I have to do the same thing with Big Daddy as Parappa? Makes so little sense.

Message 12 of 16 (88 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
993 posts

Nov 22, 2012
Good point Stargate! The models are already there! Why NOT make them available?
Message 13 of 16 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Dec 5, 2012

I really wish the developers would take the Blizzard approach to games, always taking user feedback and tweaking the game with a patch every few months. Parappa's range is not bad; the problem is that rather than being directed out laterally like most other level-1 supers, his kicks up diagonally. Try it out in Practice mode; you'll see a wave of orange-yellow sparks shoot outward and up. Enemies hit by these sparks get killed. I guess you just gotta believe.

Message 14 of 16 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Dec 5, 2012
I was thinking the same thing HighFlyer was, like wtc? MK9 did a great job with it's challenge tower, not repetitive, but the reward sucked lol. It's all the same, even the stages &.and annoying beyond hard A.I. Their air recover seems to be better thsn usual making it hard to get a double kill especially with Nariko limited level 1. Dodging her super 3 will cause you to break something lol
Message 15 of 16 (58 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Dec 5, 2012
The trick to Parappa's level 1 is that it's a diagonal attack, not a horizontal one. It also can go through objects, making it very useful against opponents who are, say, standing on the box at the top of the stage.
Message 16 of 16 (53 Views)
0 Likes