First Son
25 posts

Re: To other drake players

Feb 21, 2013

i agree, every one has a spam attack, but lol everytime i play with another spamming Nathan Drake i always win.

Message 21 of 33 (130 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

Lost of mixed opinions here I'm surprized. 

Usually everyones hatin on the Drake spam but it seems like even the guys I knew are decent players enjoy the barrel to ak spam. I'm pretty sure everyone hates the raiden confirm spam, not really sure why the Drake barrel spam would be different.

And @ TrashCrap

I do not burst everytime, but I surely do not need the barrel to ak combo to get me 70 ap.

Forward Square, down square, down square, drop kick is 90 ap, takes less time, and requires basic knowledge of when to input these moves to land the combo properly. I just find doing something of this nature a lot more rewarding then just hitting circle then triangle for 3 minutes. This is also my opinion I didn't ask you to agree but I surely do not need you to assume we all are too terrible at the game to deal with it, when almost everyone here just says its a lame way to use the character, except you of course.

I just would prefer to see people do something requiring a little thinking then just mindlessly play. Oh and grammar on the internet? really dude? who cares lol. your your your your your your your lame.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 22 of 33 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2537 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

I was making a point about the AP bursts. Just because you think spamming is lame, does not mean people can't do it, or even worse that it should be patched out (I know you didn't suggest this). I think too many people get frustrated with spammers because it doesn't seem like it takes a lot of skill, and it's frustrating to lose to someone that isn't as skilled as you, especially if it's your opponents who feed them. But what you need to realize is that it IS a legitimate tactic. Just change your strategy instead of requesting people change theirs. If anything, tell people how to combat the spammers instead of bashing the spammers. They will change their tactic if it doesn't work.

Edit: Also, your combo is less safe than his barrel+ak combo. You have to start from closer up and don't have a buffer between your approach. Some people enjoy the safe approach and find it more logical and fun.

Message 23 of 33 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Feb 21, 2013
I understand why people are mad at the barrel. But it is by far Drake's best move. And a must for zoning. And Drake is a zoning character especially in 1v1 you have to use that barrel to keep space
Message 24 of 33 (113 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Feb 21, 2013

this is why shooter characters should not be in a melee game 

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 25 of 33 (99 Views)
Gaming Beast
1773 posts

Feb 21, 2013

And this is why this game needs some type of Stale Move Negation a.l.a Smash. The game straight up rewards being uncreative.

Message 26 of 33 (99 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Feb 21, 2013

TrashCrap wrote:

I was making a point about the AP bursts. Just because you think spamming is lame, does not mean people can't do it, or even worse that it should be patched out (I know you didn't suggest this). I think too many people get frustrated with spammers because it doesn't seem like it takes a lot of skill, and it's frustrating to lose to someone that isn't as skilled as you, especially if it's your opponents who feed them. But what you need to realize is that it IS a legitimate tactic. Just change your strategy instead of requesting people change theirs. If anything, tell people how to combat the spammers instead of bashing the spammers. They will change their tactic if it doesn't work.

Edit: Also, your combo is less safe than his barrel+ak combo. You have to start from closer up and don't have a buffer between your approach. Some people enjoy the safe approach and find it more logical and fun.

you can start it with the barrel, its a completely safe combo I use it all the time. much better than the ak run. 

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 27 of 33 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2132 posts

Feb 21, 2013
Trash Crap: "I don't like when players memorize AP bursts and spam them all game. They should add a patch where they are banned in tournaments. Is that same combo the only thing you know how to do? Stop spamming, its cheating."

Wow....I mean just....wow.
You make it sound as if they are doing something that you cannot prevent or avoid. How on Earth is it cheating. I cannot stand when a player spams but seriously cheating?

To you I ask this question, why if something is working would you change it? Why would you stop doing something that is consistently getting you AP. I just don't understand, it's annoying yes but cheating? Sorry I sorely disagree with this stance. You change tactics and or approach AFTER it has been deemed to not work, not before and certainly not when it is annoying someone else.

Moreover you should evaluate whatever tactics you are currently implementing if you are being managed to get hit with the same tactic over and over again. Spamming is by no means cheating, it certainly is repetitive yes but cheating? Far from it. If it works then people will continue to use it, only after people see something failing will they try to change it. Spammers will only stop when you stop them or change whatever it is that continues to garner them AP.
Message 28 of 33 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2537 posts

Feb 22, 2013
BIGPOPPA: I don't play Drake so I didn't realize that. I stand corrected.

Visionary: I was being sarcastic. Spammers are fine, comboers are fine.
Message 29 of 33 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Feb 22, 2013

To another whiner -

DEAL WITH IT!

Message 30 of 33 (71 Views)
0 Likes