Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Re: To all the "Sackboy" Crybabies

Dec 1, 2012
@greyspence: That's actually pretty brilliant, it makes sense too because with Raiden's level 3 after you killed someone once from the box they don.t respwn in another box however Raiden can still get kills out of them while his level 3 is still active, I guarantee you that people would complain more about Raiden if his worked like Sackboy's and vise versa.
Message 11 of 17 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Dec 1, 2012

ThatOneGuy39 wrote:

That kind of gets more into the fact that people online only focus on one thing.

I can't tell you how many times I was dumbfounded by the fact that someone tosses me into Kratos' level 3 I just sit there thinking "You do realize you just gave him a free 2 points right?" I personally have no poblem wih Sackboy because of the advantages Jak  has over him if you know how to use him but I see why it would be a problem for everyone else, but yeah you're right, it would be a good idea to have everyone on screen focus on Sackboy, however not everyone in the match is going to be thinking that, I still see matches with Radec spammers and people still ignore him while he gets free AP out of them, I see people not paying attention when someone is trying to build a level 3.

This is a game where you're going to have to be aware of everything that's going on but unfortunately there's a lot of people who just don't understand that.

I remember one match in particular which was a pretty bad offender to this, I was in a match with a Nariko, Drake, and Parappa, when Nariko got to her level 3 I made sure to stay far away from her preparing to avoid it, she activates it near the other two players and kills them, as she's getting to me I'm avoiding it just fine until Drak spawns in and just decides to shoot the grenade launcher at me knocking me over to Nariko which gave her a free two points.

I understand the point of a fighting game is to beat the hell out of your opponent but there is thinking involved and it's moments like these where I'm convinced that people don't believe in the concept of thinking.

Yup, you're totally on point with what you said. I love how when lets say, Kratos gets his Level 3, and instead of running to avoid giving him points derpy Raiden decides "No lets stay here and fight so Kratos gets an easy kill on us! Smiley Very Happy "  ~__~

Message 12 of 17 (80 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 1, 2012
Just played another couple of games and i now had about 10 sackboys in a row...i mean...dont people get tired of this incredibly lame style of play?It's really starting to **bleep** me off...you cant really keep sackboy from reaching his lvl 3 it happens eventually...and then its pretty much gg most of the time
Message 13 of 17 (64 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 1, 2012
Destroy his projectiles or throw him, especially if he tries to roll a lot of Sackboy players try to roll to keepaway and lots of close range characters can setup throws easily.
Message 14 of 17 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
393 posts

Dec 1, 2012
sackboy is very annoying, its always the same thing.

get in corner, put electric pad, and just spam cupcake. get a level 3 that only requires you touch them and bubbles TO GAIN MORE AP.

his ap generation is on par with kratos yet he is nearly completely safe from any character that lack projectiles.

as far as people ignoring characters that are winning they are dumb.

it pisses me off when i play radec that two people are determined to not give me any space while not attacking anyone else, and theres the 4th guy just building meter while im trying to stop him. sure im not going to with, but neither are you. i never understood that logic.

Message 15 of 17 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
41 posts

Dec 1, 2012
If only it were that simple. One raiden or kratos in a match and they will prevent you from so much as touching a sackboy in a shortsighted frenzy to get AP. Then the Level 3 comes and they feel stupid for not paying attention... -.-

Ive just started leaving games when sackboy hits level 3.
Message 16 of 17 (44 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Dec 1, 2012

grayspence wrote:

Coming from a Sackboy/Sir. Dan player, I feel as if the Sackboy nerf was a little too extreme, and also in the wrong areas. 

I had an idea of how they could nerf his level 3, and leave his other specs untouched, as this is what the main soruce of the b****ing was about;

Sackboy's level 3 turns everyone into bubbles when he activates it. After he pops a character in a bubble, They respawn without being trapped in a bubble, however, they can be trapped again for a short period by running into/ touching one of the many bubbles that cloud up the screen (Usually containing AP or Weapons)

I think this would make Sackboy's super still have a chance to net him a good amount of kills, but it would llower the chances of him getting 7 every time he uses it. 

They'd still have to nerf some of the rest of Sackboy, since he was able to AP gain ridiculously fast.

Message 17 of 17 (42 Views)
0 Likes