Dec 01 2012
By: Hellzhain First Son 7 posts

To all the "Sackboy" Crybabies

16 replies 364 views Edited Dec 1, 2012

Yes,i am **bleep** of playing vs cheap sackboys that only aim to charge up their lvl 3 myself

But what i notice anew every single game is that sackboy is just getting ignored by eveyone whiles hes charging his level 3

People should learn not only try to win,but also keep in mind to keep others from winning,and a sackboy with a lvl 3 sadly is pretty much a win for the sackboy player
Are people really incapable of thinkin beyond 1v1 regarding that?

Message 1 of 17 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Re: To all the "Sackboy" Crybabies

Dec 1, 2012
getting sick of sickboy op super 3 too. I decided to just quit the matches with high level sackboy in it
Message 2 of 17 (350 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Dec 1, 2012

That kind of gets more into the fact that people online only focus on one thing.

I can't tell you how many times I was dumbfounded by the fact that someone tosses me into Kratos' level 3 I just sit there thinking "You do realize you just gave him a free 2 points right?" I personally have no poblem wih Sackboy because of the advantages Jak  has over him if you know how to use him but I see why it would be a problem for everyone else, but yeah you're right, it would be a good idea to have everyone on screen focus on Sackboy, however not everyone in the match is going to be thinking that, I still see matches with Radec spammers and people still ignore him while he gets free AP out of them, I see people not paying attention when someone is trying to build a level 3.

This is a game where you're going to have to be aware of everything that's going on but unfortunately there's a lot of people who just don't understand that.

I remember one match in particular which was a pretty bad offender to this, I was in a match with a Nariko, Drake, and Parappa, when Nariko got to her level 3 I made sure to stay far away from her preparing to avoid it, she activates it near the other two players and kills them, as she's getting to me I'm avoiding it just fine until Drak spawns in and just decides to shoot the grenade launcher at me knocking me over to Nariko which gave her a free two points.

I understand the point of a fighting game is to beat the hell out of your opponent but there is thinking involved and it's moments like these where I'm convinced that people don't believe in the concept of thinking.

Message 3 of 17 (345 Views)
First Son
7 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

Yeah it's exactly the same as radec and you summed up pretty well what i was talking about
It's sort of a "Divide and Conquer" thing.Let other people **bleep** themselves up,but be careful not to **bleep** yourself over

and that way you're kinda in the situation where that one guy that only keeps pushing the same button will win.

Message 4 of 17 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Dec 1, 2012
but with radec,
people can easily avoid his sniper,
one of the reason why i hardly use the sniper when i'm a radec...
Play For Fun!
Message 5 of 17 (325 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 1, 2012
People complained about Radec, a character with superior long range combat and level 1 and 2 supers to Sackboy but the complaining stopped once people realised how to get around just mindless sniper spamming and to attack him if he's trying to get some distance. People didn't do this for Sackboy which has resulted in unfair nerfs to him while the rest of the cast get no such buffs or nerfs.

This is coming from a Fat Princess, Sweet Tooth and Sir Daniel player and think it's unfair for all Sackboys whether they are experienced or new.
Message 6 of 17 (291 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Dec 1, 2012
Nah the problem about sackboy is that hes also not that weak in melee...well neither is radec,but radecs sniper has some cast time,sackboys cakinator doesnt+ he can put that down electrocute platform thingy or grab you in melee which also gives him +25 ap...and sadly radecs mindless sniper spam still works sometimes
Both simply gain too much ap from their long range moves
And sackboy,as i already mentioned,can spam his cakinator way easier than radec and therefore gains his lvl 3 way too fast
and i think its just a cheap playstyle to build up your lvl 3,and ALL sackboys play like that right now

For the record,im playing drake,cole and Toro
Message 7 of 17 (267 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 1, 2012
Sackboys cakinator doesn't have the instant full screen hitbox of the sniper, can be broken by just hitting it and has a long recovery time.

Sackboys level 1 and 2 are horrible so of course they're going to try and go for his level 3. Kratos does the same thing.

Sackboy's close range has pathetic melee range, is unsafe on block and can only build about 50AP on average. Also Sackboy's suplex move is extremly vulnerable to attack unlike Kratos' chain grab which has superior range, speed and recovery. Radec at least has moves that let him push the opponent backwards like his knife into shotgun attack which then combos into his sniper or super.
Message 8 of 17 (253 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Message 9 of 17 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Coming from a Sackboy/Sir. Dan player, I feel as if the Sackboy nerf was a little too extreme, and also in the wrong areas. 

I had an idea of how they could nerf his level 3, and leave his other specs untouched, as this is what the main soruce of the b****ing was about;

Sackboy's level 3 turns everyone into bubbles when he activates it. After he pops a character in a bubble, They respawn without being trapped in a bubble, however, they can be trapped again for a short period by running into/ touching one of the many bubbles that cloud up the screen (Usually containing AP or Weapons)

I think this would make Sackboy's super still have a chance to net him a good amount of kills, but it would llower the chances of him getting 7 every time he uses it. 

Message 10 of 17 (240 Views)
0 Likes