I've been maining Spike for far too long now. I was trying out the other characters some more and found that I was really interested in Jak & Daxter's playstyle. So, any tips on how I should use them?
I don't play him a lot, but I notice he uses that gun a lot. I think its that triangle move which seems to travel pretty far. I find him teeth grindingly annoying, lol.
1. Always be mobile
2. do quick burst of your machine gun to keep them pinned then 3 shots if they are on the verge of escaping to knock them back down.
3. Get OP with his level 1
4. utilize every move, his moves may not give a lot of ap but they are great at breaking attacks.
5. Don't forget L1, i know it may sound wierd but when you can be as mobile as you can with jak its easy to forget you have a dodge move.
6. Stay in the air, i say this because MULTIPLE people WILL go after you to grab you especially if you are going to level 3.
7. Always have your down + o ready to use when you are coming to the ground can be use for attacking for small combos or defense to get away.
8. Only use his level 2 if you have to if they are trapped in a corner
9. Use jaks mobility to actually get somewhere rather then just jumping around randomly.
10. Learn to use his mobility in the right moments in dodging supers. Sometimes automatically getting to the top of the level isn't the best idea.
11. Jak is great at luring out supers for the simple fact he can stay in the air for long periods of time and has multiple moves that shoots him back in the air.
his easiest 50+ combos are:
Air down circle, air down trangle, side square, square
(wave concusser, beam reflexor, punch, uppercut)
Air down circle, air side square, air square
(wave concusser, jetboard dash, jetboard punch)
Air down circle, side trangle (mashed/held)
(wave concusser, blaster (3 shots))