I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Re: Tips for dealing with Drakes?

Jan 25, 2013

One last thing i want to put out there, the rifle smash is by far one of the most unsafe moves in the game on block. Even if I am run n gunning for whatever reason, I will never finish with the rifle smash unless I am 100% sure no one will punish me. In a 2v2 if you use the rifle smash and your partner isn't covering you, good luck surviving very long. 

I just can't reiterate it enough, anyone abusing that move is **bleep** retarded. It's like someone using Dan in SSF4AE and trying to face infiltrations Akuma. For those of you who do not get that reference its by far the dumbest thing you can do. 

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 21 of 25 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Jan 25, 2013

BIGPOPPA21089 wrote:

Does it count as blocking both the knock up and the explosion, because I would figure since it instantly explodes it should just be the explosion which was worth 30 and now should be 15. I only play Drake when playing seriously and yes I was completely surprized by the 20 ap on block. i don't think anyone else has a move that gives 20 ap on block and now that I know that I want it changed, 20 ap is the same as landing a normal hit, thats rediculous. Anyway I bet it gets changed just like sackboy, you will see a nerf on the ap gain (so what who cares) but the move is always going to work the same way.

Yes, it does count both. Heihachi has a move that he can charge up for +60 ap before block.

Message 22 of 25 (74 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Jan 25, 2013

acursedone wrote:

BIGPOPPA21089 wrote:

Does it count as blocking both the knock up and the explosion, because I would figure since it instantly explodes it should just be the explosion which was worth 30 and now should be 15. I only play Drake when playing seriously and yes I was completely surprized by the 20 ap on block. i don't think anyone else has a move that gives 20 ap on block and now that I know that I want it changed, 20 ap is the same as landing a normal hit, thats rediculous. Anyway I bet it gets changed just like sackboy, you will see a nerf on the ap gain (so what who cares) but the move is always going to work the same way.

Yes, it does count both. Heihachi has a move that he can charge up for +60 ap before block.

I still would like to see the ap reduced a bit on block for the Drake barrel, heihachi and everyone else is fine the way they are, but on block should just give you half the explosions AP. Both hits just seems weird to me I don't know why but I really don't like that one and am alittle upset thats how it works.

It's nothing that will make me drop Drake, I love uncharted and REALLY love his supers in this game compared to the rest of the cast. I dunno I just from day 1 thought he was for me and I never doubted myself once through all my wins/ loses on my way to Black Belt.

(131 1sts, 82 2nds, 42 3rds, 22 4ths)

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Message 23 of 25 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Jan 25, 2013

BIGPOPPA21089 wrote:

I still would like to see the ap reduced a bit on block for the Drake barrel, heihachi and everyone else is fine the way they are, but on block should just give you half the explosions AP. Both hits just seems weird to me I don't know why but I really don't like that one and am alittle upset thats how it works.

It's nothing that will make me drop Drake, I love uncharted and REALLY love his supers in this game compared to the rest of the cast. I dunno I just from day 1 thought he was for me and I never doubted myself once through all my wins/ loses on my way to Black Belt.

I'm not disagreeing with you there. Drake barrel generates way too much AP for what is clearly a supportive skill. The explosion should be reduced to at least AP generated 15 before even considering block, IMO.

Message 24 of 25 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Jan 25, 2013

acursedone wrote:

BIGPOPPA21089 wrote:

I'm not disagreeing with you there. Drake barrel generates way too much AP for what is clearly a supportive skill. The explosion should be reduced to at least AP generated 15 before even considering block, IMO.

Should just be supportive really. i constaly use it to clear out sackboy shock charges and the various mines in the game. also blocks ranged attacks too which is useful but the ap can go down and i wouldnt care and it would stop the scrubby drakes from choosing him.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Message 25 of 25 (57 Views)
0 Likes