Highlighted
Jan 24 2013
By: Ragna357 Sackboy 426 posts

Tips for dealing with Drakes?

24 replies 343 views Edited Jan 24, 2013

Hi. Does anyone have any tips on how to deal with Drakes online? I can never seem to beat a Drake, especially those who spam the barrel.

I main Jak, Ratchet, and Cole if anyone needs to know. Any advice at all could help. Thanks. Smiley Happy

photo rikusig3-5_zps039d509a.jpg
Message 1 of 25 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Re: Tips for dealing with Drakes?

Jan 24, 2013
With Ratchet it should not be hard use your agents they will blow up the barrel, so will the tesla whip if its right in front of you it makes it explode and the explosion doesn't hit you, and jump and use his plasma striker to hit him you should be able to avoid the barrel doing this, and of course your tesla spike wall I'm pretty sure this blows up the barrel. Ratchet has a lot of good ways to deal with Drake. With Jak I would say take advance of his air mobility with the forward square, and you should be able to out gun him at a safe distance with the blaster.
Message 2 of 25 (329 Views)
Survivor
2454 posts

Jan 24, 2013
I know against most drakes Ariel attacks are really good of if you get close to him your pretty safe
Message 3 of 25 (322 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

Ragna357 wrote:

Hi. Does anyone have any tips on how to deal with Drakes online? I can never seem to beat a Drake, especially those who spam the barrel.

I main Jak, Ratchet, and Cole if anyone needs to know. Any advice at all could help. Thanks. Smiley Happy

I'm having problems with drake myself, as ratchet. Something i learned is that his sniper, can interrupt drake using his barrel within like a sec of drake using it. (edited) It doesn't solve anything for when drake uses his barrel up close, but that should destroy long ranged use of the barrel. Try to keep to the air, drake has few moves that hit air effectively and usually, you can see those coming. Your sniper is the faster way to hit drake out of his lvl 1 super that i know of, you could just try dodging it if he hasn't set you up for it though. For his lvl 3, try your best to be far away from him when he starts it so you will be more likely to be alive when the stun is over.

Message 4 of 25 (318 Views)
Sackboy
426 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Hmm... Alright, thanks guys! I'll definitely keep these tips in mind next time! I actually completely forgot about Ratchet's sniper, since I don't use it that often xD

photo rikusig3-5_zps039d509a.jpg
Message 5 of 25 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Ragna357 wrote:

Hmm... Alright, thanks guys! I'll definitely keep these tips in mind next time! I actually completely forgot about Ratchet's sniper, since I don't use it that often xD

You should. I didn't really use it before, but after I did, I realized it was awesome.

Message 6 of 25 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Coming from an elite drake user...

i'll tell you how... The secrets to beating drake!

If you block his slide attack and he hits you from the front, then retreat and don't go for the punish!

If you block it and he does it starting from the back, then punish him with your quickest attack! because he'll end up infront of you, making punishing easier, so that you won't have to turn then punish him!

Any attack he throws out physical wise, is punishable! his hardest move to punish is slide kick, which I mentioned above to how to deal with it!

Onto barrels, now this is tricky because this is what makes drake. Just block =d, even I don't have an answer to deal with it 100%. if he jumps, then just say to yourself "He's going to use barrel", if he does get above him and punish from above... IF HE DOES IT on the ground then jump over barrel and punish from above again! He lags more doing it on the ground, but it comes out faster and vice versa.

Message 7 of 25 (266 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Renegade_TX2000 wrote:

Coming from an elite drake user...

i'll tell you how... The secrets to beating drake!

If you block his slide attack and he hits you from the front, then retreat and don't go for the punish!

If you block it and he does it starting from the back, then punish him with your quickest attack! because he'll end up infront of you, making punishing easier, so that you won't have to turn then punish him!

Any attack he throws out physical wise, is punishable! his hardest move to punish is slide kick, which I mentioned above to how to deal with it!

Onto barrels, now this is tricky because this is what makes drake. Just block =d, even I don't have an answer to deal with it 100%. if he jumps, then just say to yourself "He's going to use barrel", if he does get above him and punish from above... IF HE DOES IT on the ground then jump over barrel and punish from above again! He lags more doing it on the ground, but it comes out faster and vice versa.

whoa dude... block? **bleep** are you joking? you can block in this game?

i am also a vet drake (black belt) and anyone i play has little issue with my barrels. i made a thread basically stating what you just did and i got ridiculed for the fact he is just op and there is nothing to do about him.

dont bother helpin noobs when your advice to them is block, they should return the game if they forgot you can and should be blocking to win.....

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 8 of 25 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Try your best to stay behind him or corner him, Nate doesn't have to many options to cover his back. 

" Everybody following their heart; that's a loser's strategy"
-Seth Killian
Message 9 of 25 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Jan 24, 2013

If your character has projectiles, use them to destroy the barrels before the barrels get you!

Message 10 of 25 (234 Views)
0 Likes