Nov 25 2012
By: MiChAeL6 Wastelander 665 posts

Tips for cole

7 replies 185 views Edited Nov 25, 2012
I've been playing with him for a while but I seem to get outclassed online. Can I get some advice on how to be effective with Cole? How to build his meter quickly, some good combos. I'm also unsure of how to use his circle moves properly.
Message 1 of 8 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Re: Tips for cole

Nov 25, 2012
He's an average fighter IMO. He needs to be quicker. However you can pretty much guarantee a level 1 kill every time by pressing left/right and circle to freeze them and then activate it immediately after. If don't do it straight after they can easily escape for some reason, it might be a bug, but im not sure.
Photobucket
Message 2 of 8 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Start combos with thunder drop. From there, amp swing usually works, but induction grind always works. If you Gigawatt Blade them, jump and Tether them. From here, either do a double ice barrier or an amp swing. You need to make sure the jump is just right, though.

Redirect Rocket is also a fantastic anti-air and projectile.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 3 of 8 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 25, 2012
As for circle moves, use the freeze rocket to shut down a single opponent to combo them. If there's a whole group, use ice jump in the air. Ice jump ground is also great for getting people off of you. Ice Barrier is a great attack.
Fresh to death
Message 4 of 8 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
665 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Love the redirect rocket. I find when I'm playing guys like Dante and raiden I just get stuck in huge combos and wonder if I can pull something like that off. What can you absorb with his circle shield?
Message 5 of 8 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 25, 2012
I believe the circle sheild is for projectiles.

I should also add that if a player is running at you without dodging, hit him with a bunch of blasts and you'll get a nice stun-type thing. And use the blast to get people off of you for a second.
Fresh to death
Message 6 of 8 (155 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Nov 25, 2012

Try to keep up the pressure using a mix of his side circle freeze and shock grenades, the grenades can be good for keeping corners a very unsafe for characters that try to zone you out like Radec and Sackboy. Try to land a thunder drop or freeze attack to begin a combo.

His down circle has near instant recovery after a hit that it feels like you're cancelling from it half the time, this is pretty good for starting up a combo into his level 1 or 2 since it's a fast attack with a decent hitbox and good recovery.

Message 7 of 8 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
665 posts

Nov 26, 2012
I'm trying to decide if I can main Cole or should move onto someone else. I also like evil Cole but I prefer good Coles up triangle move.
Message 8 of 8 (95 Views)
0 Likes