Oct 20 2012
By: mman1235 Sackboy 423 posts

Tip master #3 - Parappa

8 replies 357 views Edited Oct 20, 2012

I am sorry gino but I find parappa to be a much tougher and harder to learn and use in the beta and around the community so I think I should get him down 1st than go on to sweet tooth Smiley Very Happy

parappa,

the "up close and personal" character in the beta!

range?

screw that parappa knows only 1 way of encountering foes and that is with cold hard and speedy close range moves!!!

man if he was in Tekken he could have been the king of iron fist tournament Smiley Tongue

this guys is special and let me help you find your way to being a master rapper!!

Tip 1:  Dat Range

parappa has almost no moves which are actually ranged..

yeah when you will start with him you will feel the agony of being limited to such range!

thats why you need to learn how to get in the fight and wreck some players!!

parappas side circle (ball dash) is nice which works a bit like slys electricity roll but not as good , another way to start you attacks is side triangle ( skatboard roll slam) which gives nice ap too Smiley Very Happy

he is a master in aerial damaging and getting in close too Smiley Very Happy

his down square (100 kick) is very good to get in close and get a goood amount of ap!!

his side triangle ( skateboard glide) is amazing for meanuvering around the stage  and deals nice damage too!

Tip 2: Come At Me Bro!

while parappa is great for getting in close he can also attract lots of attention which off course is great for parappa Smiley Very Happy

attacks like the neutral circle (hook throw) which grabs your enemy and brings him face to face to you!!

is great for combos and such Smiley Very Happy

also his down circle (boom box ap generator) is fantastic to make people come for you and get some ap Smiley Wink

Tip 3: poweful moves

he has some nice moves which bring nice ap too Smiley Very Happy

his neutral square (100 punches) and side triangle and and side circle and down tirangle (skateboard push) and all those are great attacks Smiley Happy

and their aerial versions are even better Smiley Happy!!!

Tip 4: super management

now parappa isnt known for being an amazing super character....

he has an ok lvl 1 (uppercut kick) which is ok to get some kills but hard to use correctly and can usually get stopped by a single attack...

his lvl 2 ( skateboard rampage) is pretty much the best super he has and is an overall a fantastic lvl 2 which can easily get 3 kills (my max was 4 kills! Smiley Very Happy)

yet his lvl 3 (parappa rap) is a cinematic...

so it gurentees 3 kills but isnt too good for winning games since you can easily get more kills using only lower lvl supers Smiley Sad

I usually go for lots of lvl 2's than lvl 1s its pretty good.. off couse you can just use lvl 1s but are kinda hard to aim right so I usually do them later in matches...

Tip 5: side Tips

I cant think off any side tips to give other than the attacks and techniques I have already talked about....

other than using the up square is great for starting aerial combos using the hook attack and square hits Smiley Very Happy

did you like it? have anything to add on?

thx for looking Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 9 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Re: Tip master #3 - Parappa

Oct 20, 2012
Parappa's circle move is perfect for pulling in someone close enough to use your super or 100 punches.

Also, UP+Triangle is a very good move to juggle people in the air.
Message 2 of 9 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Oct 20, 2012
1. 1000 punches is great and all, but watch out for Getting backstabbed! To make parappa a good character you gotta (believe) combo like a beast, 1 thing parappa is awesome for is breaking the 100 AP limit, and if you do that, the game rewards you 25 AP (I am currently working on a 100 AP Breaking combo for sly and Radec) here is some combos...
(Here is my index, S=square, Triangle= T, circle= C, up= U, Down= D, Forward= F, Hold= H, Mash= M)

C, MS (easy add DS before MS for extra AP)
FS, C, DS, MS
C, HUS, S, S (Slightly harder but nets more AP, Also isolates the combo-ee)
FC, C, S, S, DS, HUS, C, S, S (Timing is picky on this one, but it is the best I got, it breaks the 100 AP limit and nets you 140 AP)
C, S, S, US, (wait a sec) R2 (Kick! Punch! Its all in the mind! Combo into supers is awesome!)
Message 3 of 9 (318 Views)
Sackboy
423 posts

Oct 21, 2012
nice tips guys Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 9 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Oct 21, 2012

I have a question.

I try doing Parappa's 100 fist attack and it pummels the other guy, but it doesn't smash them at the end (when other people do it to me, it sends me flying across the screen).  What am I doing wrong?

Message 5 of 9 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
423 posts

Oct 21, 2012
are you mashing the square button? thats how it fully works for me lol Smiley Tongue
or maybe just holding the button...try both ways
Message 6 of 9 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Oct 21, 2012
Actually PaRappa is god tier easily. He has easy 100 ap combos, and also his mic grab has stunlock. He is my second main, and he is just too good.
Message 7 of 9 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
423 posts

Oct 21, 2012
I aint the best with him....I get along much better using sly , kratos or sweet tooth (they and parappa are my mains that I have mastered correctly and usefully) but he is pretty good Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 9 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 21, 2012

The multiple punches attack is his worst skill. It'll leave you completely open, and if you happen to have the chance to use that skill, you can do something better that generates more AP and wastes less time.  Don't use the punches.  They suck and they'll probably get you and whoever you're punching killed.

The multiple kicks is fine, but it's best used to get to the ground quickly. If you want to use a downward attack that won't leave you open for an attack from someone else, use down and triangle where he'll bat downwards with the skateboard.

The reason the multiple punches and kicks aren't worth it, is because you'll first gett 5AP on the initial hit, and then multiple 1AP and the really good AP doesn't come until he backhands the opponent. You're usually going to get knocked out of this attack before that point.

If you lay down the boom box, the AP gain kind of sucks. Hit L2 to taunt and the AP you gain for during the taunt will increase. It doesn't increase much, but it does increase the AP gain.

If you want a quick attack that has some distance, then use forward triangle while on the ground. Very quick attack that will hit mid range and has a very short recovery time so you can act again almost instantly. This attack unfortunately has no combo opportunities when using it first, but it's a good powerful mid range attack.

Up and O is a great attack for coming out of an air combo and trying to catch an enemy that happens to move into range, or hitting multiple enemies from below, but something rarely any other Parappa players online do is use Up and Triangle. Parappa does an upwards kick with his skateboard. This attack is great to catch people that are coming down and has a very wide hit box. The uppercut is worth using on enemies that are already on the ground, but this one is best using on enemies already in the air. It leave syou defenseless though, so make sure that no one else is somewhat near you because after you use this attack, you don't recover until you almost hit the ground. This attack can also get a player who isn't very good at air evasion or can't hit you with a down triangle/down square into an infinite.

Up triangle while on the ground does the same thing, except it doesn't send you up in the air. It's only good if you're coming from a roll and you're right next to the opponent, or two. It hit's on both sides right against you or above you.

Message 9 of 9 (210 Views)
0 Likes