Oct 20 2012
By: mman1235 Sackboy 423 posts

Tip master #2 - Radec

19 replies 215 views Edited Oct 20, 2012

well this character is as cheap as it gets...

I have worked alot on seeing how to rock with radec yet not be a total **bleep** who just spams the sniper...

now let me tell you it is no easy task...

Tip 1: range

now radec is known for having some pretty annoying and devastating moves.

but most of them arent even useful if you arent in the right range away from your targets...

while some people just go all the way to the other side of the stage and spam the rifle I suggest being in medium range.

that way your assault rifle burst (neutral triangle)

and other attacks like the sticky bomb (neutral circle) and the bouncing bomb (side circle) can be used too.

for other situations.

Tip 2: a low platformed radec is a devastating radec

in the 2 stages of the beta I got good amount of ap just being on a lower platform and using attacks like the

shock mine ( up triangle) , the electricity wall (up circle) and aerial side square ( revolver shot) ,etc....

I got very nice amount of ap there using those moves and its a nice trick to surprise enemys who are used to your radec attacking them from the same platform.

Tip 3: evading massacre

this trick I actually picked up from a fight against a very annoying radec spammer who got in close and used the revolver attack and the sniper move but whenever anyone attacked him he either jumped and did the bomb drop or he evaded!!

I literely tried to get close to him with sweet tooths ram and every time I used it he evaded!!

until he surprised me with an evade to the opposite side and did the grab ( very useful no matter what character you are!!)

I think its a very nice trick where you can do lots of your attacks I mentioned and also stuff like the flamethrower (side circle) and all those moves.

kinda tricky but good for an enemy who decided getting a little to close Smiley Wink

Tip 4: Super Management

now radec has some very nice supers.

his lvl 1 (aimable missile shot) is forgivable but can only get 1 kill....

his lvl 2 (huge LAZER BEAM **bleep***S) is a beast if done right and can usually get 3 kills!!

and his lvl 3 ( jet pack suit from Killzone 3) you can get 6 kills without lifting a finger Smiley Very Happy

I usually try to get a lvl 3.
 than 1-2 small lvl 2's than lvl 1s

but doing just lvl 2's than lvl 1's depending on the time left is also very useful

its all about your time left , the stage and skills Smiley Happy

Tip 5: side tips

radecs down sqaure ( bomb drop) is nice for getting  in close and personal if you want.

good combos for radec are like:

side circle (shock bomb thing) than sniper shot to get the enemy stuck in the bomb than doing side square or up triangle or up circle to continue the combo...

or another combo is up square than up circle than up triangle which is a nice combo too Smiley Tongue

hope you liked this stuff about radec Smiley Very Happy

hope you liked it Smiley Happy

took me some time to master a bit radec and learning his tricks of success without spamming Smiley Tongue

have any thing to improve on this?

who do you want me to do next?

Message 1 of 20 (215 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Re: Tip master #2 - Radec

Oct 20, 2012

mman1235 wrote:

Tip 4: Super Management

now radec has some very nice supers.

his lvl 1 (aimable missile shot) is forgivable but can only get 1 kill....

his lvl 2 (huge LAZER BEAM **bleep***S) is a beast if done right and can usually get 3 kills!!

and his lvl 3 ( jet pack suit from Killzone 3) you can get 6 kills without lifting a finger Smiley Very Happy

Actually, his Level 1 can probably aim for more kills. It can't just get only one kill. I was able to get two kills since they were close. Three kills could happen if they were in a group. Level 2, I agree if it's done right, it can get three kills.

As of now, you can get six kills with his Level 3 because of only six characters. However, one has to remember where Sly Cooper is when he goes invisible, and if the player couldn't spot him, it could only be 4 kills. If done right (with Sly Cooper), then it'll be six kills.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 2 of 20 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
423 posts

Oct 20, 2012
yes I didnt mean he could only 11 kill my bad Smiley Tongue it just is extremely hard to get more than 1 wiuth his lvl 1...

and his lvl 3 I meant the max was 6 kills Smiley Tongue it is pretty hard finding sly but if its just the other characters its easy to get 6 Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 20 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
423 posts

Oct 20, 2012
also might add to it that there are other combos I found but Ill add them maybe later Smiley Tongue
Message 4 of 20 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
423 posts

Oct 20, 2012
who should I work on next?:
Parappa , sweet tooth or fat princess? ( plz not fat princess I suck with her alot XD)
Message 5 of 20 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Oct 20, 2012
Sweet Tooth
Anticipating: PlayStation All-Stars, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider
Kind-of Anticipating: God of War: Ascension, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Aliens: Colonial Marines
Message 6 of 20 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
423 posts

Oct 20, 2012
sure ginoboli Smiley Happy will gladly work on sweet tooth tomorrow Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 20 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Oct 20, 2012
You can create a wall of gernades by spamming down triangle and forward circle alternativly, it is beatable... but annoying... if you catch them with the shock gernade you can combo them with up circle, up triangle
You can also decrease the cooldown time of radec's rifle by short hopping, its great for counter sniping other radecs, and if you are coming down from the air you can manipulate your directional influence using down square and come down with your flamethrower (down circle) and combo out of it with forward square, square, forward Triangle, you can also use that combo with out the flame thrower! It is amazing! Nets you 60 AP
If some one is all up in yo grill! Block and do up throw and combo into up Triangle, it is probably radec's best "stay away from me" move.
Circle is the sticky gernade, use it properly and it really messes people up, it can also make your combos net you a little more AP
Lastly is Radec's assualt rifle (triangle) when jumping it creates a wall of bullets, and in 2v2 it can lock down an opponent long enough to get supered by your ally! (Sly Cooper and Sweet Tooth players will love you) Radec's up throw can also make any Parappa fan become your fan
Message 8 of 20 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
423 posts

Oct 20, 2012
lol nice combo ideas Smiley Happy will try to use those up grab combos Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 20 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Oct 20, 2012
I play sly, radec, and parappa quite evenly, and I love smashbros, mvc, and tekken... so stuff like this comes naturally to me... I. Almost never lose a match with sly and radec, parappa is amazing, but they need to either buff his boom box or strengthen his rush down, I am capable of performing 140 AP combos effectifly in matches with Parappa
Message 10 of 20 (113 Views)
0 Likes