Oct 20 2012
By: mman1235 Sackboy 423 posts

Tip master #1 - Sly Cooper

[ Edited ]
39 replies 2567 views Edited Oct 20, 2012

so I thought I could start a series of threads having tips to help other players master each character Smiley Very Happy

for now I will only be doing for the beta characters but when the game releases Ill try to do for every other character or someone could take my place to do it Smiley Happy

also for the sly tips I give credits to: littlejcr Smiley Happy

he actually the onee who gave me some of the tips and have helped me alot mastering sly Smiley Very Happy!!!!

Tip 1: Invisibilty (L1)

stealth is slys best friend and SB have implemented sly's cunningness and stealthiness perfectly!!

use ALOT this move!

it will help you get close in to enemy players and attack them when they arent noticing!!

like when a radec spams the sniper move!

it is also very useful for avoiding lvl 2 and 3 supers!!

(lvl 2 supers include: parappas skate dash , fat chicken , slys jet pack bombing)

you can use it to be unseen when someone like kratos or sweet tooth get a lvl 3 for example and are searching for players to demolish , so you can just stay in cover and remain silent until their super is over Smiley Very Happy

Tip 2: confuse and trick your enemies as much as possible!!

one thing sly does best is attack fastly and get lots of ap!

confusing and tricking your enemies will help you start comboing them or doing an attack you want!

you can for example do the side square ( cane jump roll) from each side, just barrage the enemy until he has no idea where should he try to attack and than bash him with powerful attacks!!!!

also a good tricking move is the up triangle (smoke bomb) it is extremely useful

for avoiding attacks and evading supers!!!!!!

there is nothing more sattisfying than right when a kratos does a lvl 1 on you and you go right behind him with the up triangle Smiley Wink

Tip 3: powerful and good to use attacks

now using all those tricks are good and all but you need to use attacks that will pay up for all that hard work you did tricking and confusing enemies.

attacks like the side triangle (electricity roll) (also the aerial side triangle is great) and give lots of ap and you can easily get to your lvl 1 with 3-5 successful side triangle attacks Smiley Very Happy

also using twice the up square ( cane uppercut, if used twice in the air it does a slam!!)which gives nice ap.

and the aerial down square ( slam) is just awesome!! Smiley Very Happy

you can always use the side circle ( electricity slide) but I find it rather tricky to use and dont use it as much : /

since if you get hit it stops the entire slide and the elctricity on the ground fades ,

so you need to think fast and do it before an enemy attacks you.

or of crouse use the invisibility trick and do it stealthily or confuse an enemy Smiley Happy

Tip 4: Supers Management

now Slys supers are very powerful yet not very good at the sam time.

you got your epic lvl 1  (Murray sprint fall)which almost always works and can get 1+ plus kills 95% of the times you use it gurenteed!

(unless you just randomly use it like an idiot without waiting for a perfect moment Smiley Tongue)

the not so useful lvl 2 (sly in the jet pack from the final boss clockwerk in Sly 1) which I NEVER use since it is not worth it : /

the fire rate for  the rockets are is too short and you cant rapidly drop bombs every second and it is very hard to aim right on the enemy ,

and the entire duration of the super is just way too short ......

it can get 3 kills but it takes lots of luck and skill to pull off correctly and its just not worth it....

and of course the pretty good but hard to use lvl 3 (slys cemra) which is very good in my opinion but kinda tough to get 6 kills since players usually block and aerial dodge the cemra shot so it is a bit difficult Smiley Happy
(use at your own risk)

now what I usually do depends alot on the time left...

when there is not too much time left I get a lvl 3 1st than go for small lvl 1s until time ends.

but when Im on a roll and have like 1:00+ or 0:50+ time left I usually go and get 2 lvl 3s!!!

of course it might sound very hard to pull off with sly but if I can get it anyone can Smiley Happy

it takes just time to master and use correctly sly!!! Smiley Very Happy

EDITED Tip: Barrels of fun

the exploding barrel move (up circle) is one of slys more unique skills to master.

the barrel is useful for getting in close and exploding enemys away  with a nice ap gain.

the catch is, the barrel is invincible.

meaning while in the barrel only grabs can hurt you!!!

so if a radec spams away just go barrel him if you arent so good with the fantastic decoy counter move Smiley Very Happy

the shots dont deal damage and you can keep moving while he tries infinitly to hit you Smiley Wink

it is a bit of a tricky move to use I dont use it alot...

but if you have trouble with the decoy move or stealthily sneaking behind him like I said

this is the best way to go head on into a a group of people Smiley Happy

tip 5: side tips
enemy too high up? wanna jump above an attack but jump very very high?

well use slys mega jump ability (up X) which makes sly do some kinda ultra jump which has a bit off a wind up but can get you very high!!

the Neutral Circle move (decoy counter) is very hard to use correctly but immensily useful!! a good time to use it is right when a radec aims at you his sniper rifle!! Smiley Very Happy

another great but hard to use confusion move is the down triangle which throws one of those confusion or rage bombs sly had in sly 2 and 3!! Smiley Very Happy

which resets and randomises the enemy players buttons and makes him not be able to attack and move correctly Smiley Very Happy

liked my tips? got more tips for sly? who do you want me to do next?

plz look and comment I worked alot on this one Smiley Happy

thx again for littlejcr Smiley Very Happy you rock!!

Message 1 of 40 (2,567 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

very golod.

Oct 20, 2012

very good tips thread. i find my self using the O decoy trick on Kratos when you see him coming for you and know he is gonna attack and pull himself towards Sly.

#ClownTroops
Message 2 of 40 (2,558 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
423 posts

Re: very golod.

Oct 20, 2012
thank you Smiley Happy any other character you want tips on from the beta? also yes the decoy is very useful agaisnt kratos's side triangle and side square Smiley Happy also very useful against sweet tooths side square which is the ram move Smiley Tongue
Message 3 of 40 (2,556 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
423 posts

Oct 20, 2012
I thought abouit doing one for parappa but I wanna know if people want a different character
Message 4 of 40 (2,537 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Oct 20, 2012

i'd like one on sweet tooth, parappa then Radec

#ClownTroops
Message 5 of 40 (2,532 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
423 posts

Oct 20, 2012
thx for the reply rez Smiley Happy Ill work on one for sweet tooth in a matter of a couple of hours or start tommorow Smiley Tongue
good think he is one of my mains I LOVE sweet tooth Smiley Very Happy
Message 6 of 40 (2,527 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Oct 20, 2012
This is an awesome thread. I love to use Sly alot so I'll be taking some of those tricks to use. Thanks. Radec would be nice too.
Message 7 of 40 (2,524 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Oct 20, 2012

np man this seems like a good thread. but yea Sweet tooth is my main and i think Ratchet will be my main also. but i am practicing sweet tooth for now and then i noticed im alright with everyone except fat princess in the beta. i just don't have her supers down.

#ClownTroops
Message 8 of 40 (2,524 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
423 posts

Oct 20, 2012
kutter thx Smiley Happy I will try working on mastering radec and fat princess since they are the only ones I havent mastered yet so Ill try working on good tips for radec Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 40 (2,519 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
423 posts

Oct 20, 2012
rez use her lvl 1 and 3 Smiley Very Happy
in my opinion it is much more useful using her lvl 1 than her lvl 2 which is a pretty much slower and less powerful form of parappas lvl 2 which rocks Smiley Very Happy
and they updated her lvl 3 and it looks awesome Smiley Very Happy
Message 10 of 40 (2,518 Views)
0 Likes