By: this_is_Marko Gaming Beast 2075 posts

Thread Deleted

[ Edited ]
11 replies 251 views Edited Nov 14, 2012

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 12 (251 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
398 posts

Re: DLC Company Participation Predictions (My personal opinion)

Nov 14, 2012

Crystal Dynamics is owned by Square-Enix and should be listed under them. CD still makes Tomb Raider but I'm sure if Sony pressured SE they would have the final say over her IP. And there are alot more possible characters from each IP holder that could be considered for DLC so to only list certain characters and rank them is a bit biased.  But even with your list of characters you have very little info to go on save for the IP holders that have been passively mentioned by Superbot (Activision, Namco, ICO). 

Message 2 of 12 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1696 posts

Nov 14, 2012
long but interesting read

I skipped through a lot of it though, would offer my rebuttal, but this is a lot to get into

Kudos for the great read though
"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 3 of 12 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Chris_MachineGun wrote:

Crystal Dynamics is owned by Square-Enix and should be listed under them. CD still makes Tomb Raider but I'm sure if Sony pressured SE they would have the final say over her IP. And there are alot more possible characters from each IP holder that could be considered for DLC so to only list certain characters and rank them is a bit biased.  But even with your list of characters you have very little info to go on save for the IP holders that have been passively mentioned by Superbot (Activision, Namco, ICO). 

i mentioned the ones that people keep bringing up (i don't want all of these characters, i only want 7 in the list) and if i didn't know anything about the character the explanation is credited to someone else

Message 4 of 12 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
398 posts

Nov 14, 2012

this_is_Marko wrote:

Chris_MachineGun wrote:

i mentioned the ones that people keep bringing up (i don't want all of these characters, i only want 7 in the list) and if i didn't know anything about the character the explanation is credited to someone else

Well its not only that, but some of your rankings are off because of the lack of info. Like Superbot explicitly confirmed no Ico or Wander because of Team Ico so that is No Way. They have expressed STRONG displeasure over Activision so while thats not exactly No Way its the next one down for BOTH Crash and Spyro. Snake is over with SSB so you got that one about right. Everyone else you can't really say for sure No Way.

Message 5 of 12 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Don't forget Omar has worked with Netherealm in the past on some MK titles, making an MK rep that much easier since omar has connections (if they want an MK rep) and does anyone remember that DLC wishlist from superbot that screwattack had on their site a few months back? I remember it having Nightmare and Alex Mercer in it.

PSASBR wishlist: Kat (CHECK), Chimera, Cloud, Isaac Clarke (CHECK), Chell, Scorpion, Nightmare, Ryu.
Message 6 of 12 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Chris_MachineGun wrote:

this_is_Marko wrote:

Chris_MachineGun wrote:

Well its not only that, but some of your rankings are off because of the lack of info. Like Superbot explicitly confirmed no Ico or Wander because of Team Ico so that is No Way. They have expressed STRONG displeasure over Activision so while thats not exactly No Way its the next one down for BOTH Crash and Spyro. Snake is over with SSB so you got that one about right. Everyone else you can't really say for sure No Way.

that's why i said in the OP this is my personal opinion, and not fact.  its what i personally believe.  i thought i made that pretty clear

Message 7 of 12 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7448 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Namco:

Klonoa (PLAUSIBLE) Now,I'd love to see Klonoa,but his latest game was a remake of his first game (PS1) for the Wii and he's had quite a few Nintendo exclusive games. But it's plausible because Klonoa on PS1 and 2 on PS2 are somewhat popular and Klonoa 1 was released on PSN.

Sony:

Tomba (EASY) Same as Abe,Tomba's creators have said that they tried to contact Sony but couldn't find a good time.

Sega:

Sonic (PLAUSIBLE) Sonic has had tons of PS2,3,and PSP games. So he has a somewhat good shot.

Kazuma Kiryu(EASY)Yakuza is exclusive to Sony,nuff said.

Signature.png

Message 8 of 12 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
398 posts

Nov 14, 2012

this_is_Marko wrote:

Chris_MachineGun wrote:

this_is_Marko wrote:

Chris_MachineGun wrote:

that's why i said in the OP this is my personal opinion, and not fact.  its what i personally believe.  i thought i made that pretty clear

I understand that but you went out of your way to dress the post up with alot of opinion meant to look like fact. You were probably better off doing a generalization about each company and extrapolating from there rather than make the character predictions.

Message 9 of 12 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Chris_MachineGun wrote:

this_is_Marko wrote:

Chris_MachineGun wrote:

this_is_Marko wrote:

Chris_MachineGun wrote:

I understand that but you went out of your way to dress the post up with alot of opinion meant to look like fact. You were probably better off doing a generalization about each company and extrapolating from there rather than make the character predictions.

i'm sorry it offended you

Message 10 of 12 (164 Views)
0 Likes