Highlighted
Aug 29 2012
By: lombardi389 Hekseville Citizen 282 posts

Thoughts on the full PSAS Roster

12 replies 309 views Edited Aug 29, 2012

If you've read the PSBlog post for Raiden it is clear that we are getting more than just 1 other character at PAX. Raiden isn't 1 of 2, but there is 2 more after Raiden. We are getting Sir Dan and Nariko most likely. After all this is said and done that means we will have 20 confirmed characters

We just got 8 reveals in 1 month. There is over another 2 months until the game gets released in Japan. There is absolutely no way your not getting any more characters for the final months of the game before release. If you have any idea how these work, theres a plan behind them. The most hype worthy characters that will get people going are revealed last and closer to release. That goes hand in hand with marketing and advertising the game

We have been expecting 22-24 for the most part, but now it is clear we can expect 24-26 characters at launch. A whole 2 months, we just got 8 in 1 month, theres easily atleast 6 more characters. People can officially stop specualting on only 20 or listening to random posters on a forum claiming to have a source. It has always been 20+ characters

-There is definitely a Final Fantasy rep and it is either Lightning or Cloud

-No matter what some people might think, Crash's chances have always been good and I do think he is in the game

-At this point, I would bet that Kat from Gravity Rush is a shoe in to be in the game with the way the roster has shaped up

-With how many times we've heard people from SuperBot say how much they love them and with how requested they are. I highly doubt that they wouldn't give Team ICO representation through a character

-Resistance now has both its own stage and a mashup. With multiple items as well I can't see how theres not a Resistance character in the game too at this point

-Finally, I think it's very possible that Snake is also in the game. Metal Gear Rising and Metal Gear Solid are viewed as seperate. David Hayter did VA work on this game, that much is known. Snake is not in any of Raiden's Super's and it makes sense because it is Rising Raiden and Snake has nothing to do with that. Snake also only being part of a mashup and that being the only reason they got David Hayter would be the equivalent to only getting an item from Square

Message 1 of 13 (309 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Re: Thoughts on the full PSAS Roster

Aug 29, 2012
I agree. Good post!

Message 2 of 13 (292 Views)
Fender Bender
3150 posts

Aug 29, 2012
Yeah, I'd be good with that.
Message 3 of 13 (282 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Aug 29, 2012
The only thing that I disagree with is snake, I really doubt he is in. However yeah crash and a ff rep are likely

Message 4 of 13 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
804 posts

Aug 29, 2012
The Time Station level is a mashup of more than 2 franchises. One of the pics showed an enemy for Patapon
Abe for All-Stars!!!
Message 5 of 13 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Aug 29, 2012
Yup! That's super cool!

Message 6 of 13 (265 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Aug 29, 2012

lombardi389 wrote:

People can officially stop specualting on only 20 or listening to random posters on a forum claiming to have a source. It has always been 20+ characters

-There is definitely a Final Fantasy rep and it is either Lightning or Cloud

-No matter what some people might think, Crash's chances have always been good and I do think he is in the game

-At this point, I would bet that Kat from Gravity Rush is a shoe in to be in the game with the way the roster has shaped up

-With how many times we've heard people from SuperBot say how much they love them and with how requested they are. I highly doubt that they wouldn't give Team ICO representation through a character

-Resistance now has both its own stage and a mashup. With multiple items as well I can't see how theres not a Resistance character in the game too at this point

-Finally, I think it's very possible that Snake is also in the game. Metal Gear Rising and Metal Gear Solid are viewed as seperate. David Hayter did VA work on this game, that much is known. Snake is not in any of Raiden's Super's and it makes sense because it is Rising Raiden and Snake has nothing to do with that. Snake also only being part of a mashup and that being the only reason they got David Hayter would be the equivalent to only getting an item from Square

Eh... I already accepted the roster of just 20 characters. Though I'm not one of the users who said it's just 20, but I can already accept the roster at 20 or even more.

You can spectulate for an FF rep, but all in due time will tell. About Crash, you jumped to conclusions, and no matter what people think, just wait. The other character, that's because of people requesting. Good on the point about Team ICO. Agreed on the Resistance, however, it can always be a tribute to the franchise just like the others, but a Resistance character can be possible into as a Playable Character.

It makes sense to bring up the Voice Actor of Solid Snake. Because that's the only information people have on him. Also, I myself & few people (around) said Solid Snake could be a part of the Story (while not on Rising, but the Franchise itself) with Raiden. Don't rely on Solid Snake as a Playable Character. Because there are a few characters who have voice roles with one line or small lines (Chars from Level Supers, BG Chars, etc.)

Great thoughts however. But the rest mostly sounds like I heard this often from other users. Only time will tell.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 7 of 13 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2590 posts

Aug 29, 2012

True except the japan date was false. 

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Message 8 of 13 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
804 posts

Aug 29, 2012
Wait if Time Station has different enemies from different games, why can't the Twisted Metal Stage have different vehicles from different racing games? Twisted Metal + Wipeout + Modnation Racers + Gran Turismo + Motorstorm = A great success
Abe for All-Stars!!!
Message 9 of 13 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Aug 30, 2012
I'd like Snake (And I hope he's in!) But SB stated that Raiden is an IP from "Metal Gear SOLID" however, that could had been a typo. But even despite that, I'd still see Snake having a shot! =)
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 10 of 13 (185 Views)
0 Likes