Sep 26 2012
By: TweetyPurd Sackboy 478 posts

Thoughts on Super System

5 replies 124 views Edited Sep 26, 2012

A friend and i were trying to think of possible problems that may occur with the super system
we are both huge SSB fans, and are both really looking forward to AllStars

First, we both agreed that like smash bros, 1 v 1 matches will run smoothly and perfectly, especially if items are turned off

However we thought a problem with 4v4 could be:
say that there are 3 strong players and 1 weak, a strong player could build their meter off the weak player, then go over and kill the other strong players
obviously you can stop this, but im sure it will happen which would suck alot in stock mode
another thought is a player could play a perfect fighting game, but lose lives in stock mode because they happen to be a victim of many supers
we decided that first to (number) kills mode would be the best

obviously these are minor issues, but i would love to hear your thoughts on them Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Re: Thoughts on Super System

Sep 26, 2012
It'll take time to realise who the weak player is though. since the scores aren't displayed, it'll be hard to realise imo.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 2 of 6 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 26, 2012
To be fair, the same issue can be had with SSB in a way. Say one player is constantly trying to knock the newbie out and then the third player capitalizes off of it by knocking both out quickly. Boom, no kills for either of those guys, and two for the guy who didn't do anything. It's not really exactly the same, but it's a parallel. Both games seem to have problems in similar facets, which makes for an interesting debate once the game comes out (assuming the debate is logical and not "Cuz I sayeded so").
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 3 of 6 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Sep 26, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
To be fair, the same issue can be had with SSB in a way. Say one player is constantly trying to knock the newbie out and then the third player capitalizes off of it by knocking both out quickly. Boom, no kills for either of those guys, and two for the guy who didn't do anything. It's not really exactly the same, but it's a parallel. Both games seem to have problems in similar facets, which makes for an interesting debate once the game comes out (assuming the debate is logical and not "Cuz I sayeded so").

I completely agree Smiley Tongue smashs faults are obvious, and that some characters are catered to FFA and others 1v1 aswell
Stock mode will also be more frantic in AllStars, why you ask? Smiley Wink
well in Smash Bros, you often will try and stay away from contact too much, keep your damage down, and save lives
in All stars, if youre playing a times match, i can kill you 3 times whie you save for a level 3, and get 6 kills (possible) and you win
however in Stock mode, if i kill you 3 times while you save, then youre dead, and all your saving goes to waste

Message 4 of 6 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Who the **bleep** plays 1v1 Smash?

Message 5 of 6 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Well I don't really see the whole "beat up on the weak player" to be that much of a problem.

It's something that happens in any competitive game; When you're in a team deathmatch, you target the weakest players if you can find them to increase your team's score (and if you play COD, get killstreaks off of them). 

Plus one of two things will happen if you try to target a weak player anyway:

1) Everyone else will target him/her and take him/her out quickly so that there will be no weakest link to tool on.

2) Everyone else will try to keep you away from the weak player so you don't get easy points, therefore making everyone fight each other equally again.

Message 6 of 6 (81 Views)