Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Re: Those of you saying "the roster doesn't matter"

Oct 9, 2012
.All I really want is Spyro and a few obscure characters so just note I never said I didn't care for the roster, I just care for everything else at the moment more.
Message 41 of 42 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Re: Those of you saying "the roster doesn't matter"

Oct 9, 2012
Of course I would say yes and I would be excited. But if Omar came up and said, "Sorry, we couldn't get Wander or Kat in dudebro". I'd Kanye shrug and move on since I didn't expect them to make it regardless.

I appreciate the intelligent conversation we're having about this barker. It's rare on these boards. And I agree with your statement, as consumers, we want but aren't entitled to certain things. That said, if we get DLC or a sequel, I'll be happy and if Wander or Kat don't make it in again, as long as the sequel is as interesting to me as the original, I'll be cool. But that's my bias and opinion not as a fan or a consumer, but as a designer. I don't look at games the same way anymore, and I've been on the other side of the table before. Something like roster is trivial to me, but only because I'm interested in the design decisions and mechanics. Maybe if I wasn't so invested from a design standpoint, I'd be right along side you. However, I was the same way with MvC3 and UMvC3. I didn't care about the cast, and this was before I was in school. I was more interested in the way the game played. I've been like that for years.

This isn't to say that I don't see where you're coming from though. From a fan or casual standpoint, roster is important because it dictates who you'll play. This game could have Tomba, Gex, Jersey Devil, and other obscure or uninteresting characters and I'd prolly still enjoy it as long as they played ok. But on the other side of the fence, that would make some fans look away in disgust because there isn't a character they like or resonate with. Even if they don't ever play the characters they beg for, (which was extremely common in the case of Phoenix Wright and others in Marvel), they still want the option and they want to security of knowing that they're there and being represented and respected. I don't care for that. I just want to have fun. Others do, and I understand why. Some of the more hardcore and diehard fans though really irritate me and make me dislike the characters they're asking for. I know it's wrong, but **bleep**, I can't help it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Message 42 of 42 (56 Views)
0 Likes