Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Re: Those of you saying "the roster doesn't matter"

Oct 8, 2012

The roster is this games whole gimmick. It's what seperates this game from other fighters. If you don't care about the roster then go and play tekken or something. The game play is not what will sell this game. It's seeing all of playstations characters together that'll make people want to buy it. In fact (smash bros asside) This is the only fighting game I can think of off the top of my head where the roster is more important to the gameplay. People will buy this game to see kratos fight Drake or whatever not because they're super excited about the AP system and to say otherwise devalues the entire concept of the game. People think they're being mature when they look down on the fans that are upset but what they're basically saying is " The reason this game is being made is irrelevent to me. I don't give a **bleep** about why this game is important to the fans or the industry. Playstations history doesn't interest me. I just wanna mash some buttons and look at the pretty colours and everyone who thinks differently needs to grow up!" It does annoy me because these people are being disrespectful and acting like it makes them better than the rest of us. Obviously this doesn't apply to the genuinly level headed people on the board but a lot of people here are masquerading as intelligent posters but they are the least mature of all and care less about the actual game than anyone else... The other side of the coin is no better however. I'm not sure who I'd rather have a conversation with, these people or the lunatics who have to mention crash 4 times per sentence.

Message 31 of 42 (133 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Fear4TheHero47 wrote:
Not you red, barker. I can't quote on mobile. Though I disagree with the topic regardless. Maybe it's because I played the demo, maybe it's because I'm a game designer, but for a first run, the roster is phenomenal to me, though I didn't care anyway because I was honestly, truly honestly, more interested in the way the game played than the cast. 19 franchises are represented here. That's more than brawl and it's only the first game. Would I have likes more? Maybe just Kat and Wander but I can wait for a sequel or DLC. It increases the chances of a sequel if there are still franchises to draw from later on. Additionally, not only am I getting 20 characters, I'm getting trials and challenges, an arcade mode for each, decent online, and a vita version, that would normally be $40, for free. I think I'm satisfied and I don't need anything else from this game but to play it right now.

Do you not think the game would be better with Kat and Wander? Of course right? You say that you're looking forward to a sequel, but why don't you want those characters now? If this game doesn't sell, they won't be able to even make a sequel. When people see that the roster has 20 characters, they immediately get turned off. Check out IGN's comment section after the Sid Shuman article. 

I'll still buy this game, but come on, it's only human to be disappointed by this. Why settle for mediocrity?

Message 32 of 42 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Oct 8, 2012

SasukeY6JUchiha wrote:
It's not even superbot fault...
It's alll the COMPAY DEVLOPERS...The Ip holders doesn't even know what "Celebration of playstation" Mean's..

What happens if they just said that to make an excuse on why a certain person isn't in. What if when this game release and some developers stand up and said that they were interested to be part of the game but they never called back. Wild Arms is one of Japan's popular franchises next to Ape Escape yet you don't see them here.

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 33 of 42 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
745 posts

Oct 8, 2012
Liam_C1991 nailed it perfectly

LUDICROUS_BANANA STRIKES AGAIN!

Fadi is the greatest sig creator within 1 mile
Message 34 of 42 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2590 posts

Oct 8, 2012

I agree, I don't quite understand people who say they don't care about the roster. 

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Message 35 of 42 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Oct 9, 2012
@barker, yes I would have liked them in the game. I didn't expect them to make it in though so I'm honestly not disappointed. I spent about 2 hours at my local GameStop today and the only character I played was Big Daddy. 2 hours with one character, that I actually don't even really care for but was so fun to play that I spent 2 hours with just him. So I hold my claim. I don't care about the roster really. If I can spend two hours with a character I don't care for, just learning his ins and outs, then to me, the gameplay is the selling point and that's my opinion. Would I have more fun with a character i like? Maybe. There's no telling how they'd play and I don't pick characters just off of loyalty, but off of the enjoyment I have with them. 19 franchises, 20 characters, 20 different playstyles. I spent 2 on just one and I feel like there's so much more about him that I still don't know. Apply that to 20. I think I'm set for a while.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Message 36 of 42 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
673 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Yea but the current roster doesn't break this game though has still made this game so what the **bleep** ever. I personally don't care about the rest of the roster if we get more characters than that awesome I just feel like why not make with whats due I'm just not a greedy person. If you you dam bandacoot makes it or you purple dragon or your blond emo anti hero makes the cut awesome its good to have em in there but like 75%of the roster i'm not goin to use.

==========================================================
Join ___Night FFAs (haven't decided on a day yet). HIgh Level FFA and 2V2 with Team AXcel. PLAY..LOSE..RAGE..PLAY..LAUGH..RESPECT, GGs. photo 54cce362-3381-425f-bf19-f430528cde96_zps7d13f457.jpg
Message 37 of 42 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Fear4TheHero47 wrote:
@barker, yes I would have liked them in the game. I didn't expect them to make it in though so I'm honestly not disappointed. I spent about 2 hours at my local GameStop today and the only character I played was Big Daddy. 2 hours with one character, that I actually don't even really care for but was so fun to play that I spent 2 hours with just him. So I hold my claim. I don't care about the roster really. If I can spend two hours with a character I don't care for, just learning his ins and outs, then to me, the gameplay is the selling point and that's my opinion. Would I have more fun with a character i like? Maybe. There's no telling how they'd play and I don't pick characters just off of loyalty, but off of the enjoyment I have with them. 19 franchises, 20 characters, 20 different playstyles. I spent 2 on just one and I feel like there's so much more about him that I still don't know. Apply that to 20. I think I'm set for a while.

If Omar came up to you and asked, "Would you like us to put Wander in the game and boost the roster to 21?"  Would you say no because you're already fine with the 20 you are given? 

We are the consumers.

Though this doesn't give us any entitlement, we can still ask for a better product.

Message 38 of 42 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Oct 9, 2012

my reply in another thread seems appropriate...

"it has beenb explained a million times that

"it takes 2 to tango"

reiterating the same thing over and over again without taking the fact that many of these requested characters are not within superbot's control 

honestly makes it appear like you guys have comprehension problems 

the best way to get those characters in isn't to moan to superbot ( as they've aknowledge your requests already ) lobbying the third parties in question would be far more effective i'd think "

again if the third parties in question are denying superbot's access to these chracters what would you have done? cancel the game entirely?

Message 39 of 42 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Sly cooper, Jak, and Ratchet belong in here way more than crash. (Everything I say is my opinion)

So he was exclusive to ps1, who cares Sly Cooper was exclusive to PS2 and is moving to ps3 while still being exclusive.

So he made your childhood fun, Sora made mines awesome, he should be in here too.

Crash made a impact on ps good for him, but so did the 3 I mentioned earlier.

Message 40 of 42 (49 Views)
0 Likes