Highlighted
Oct 08 2012
By: redsoxdsp46 Wastelander 745 posts
Accepted Solution

Those of you saying "the roster doesn't matter"

41 replies 430 views Edited Oct 8, 2012
Give me a break

The one thing I hate more than idiots screaming "WE WAN'T CRASH!" is people saying "stop being selfish... It's the gameplay that matters!"

Not trying to be rude (and I agree that the gameplay is awesome in PSABR) but the roster is what'll make or break this game.

This game is called PLAYSTATION ALLSTARS for a reason! Sure Dante, Raiden, and Big Daddy are cool characters... But do you really think they had a bigger impact on PlayStation than Crash, Spyro, and Snake?

I personally think the roster right now is amazing. But for a game that's supposed to celebrate playstation history... It's really lacking big time.

I'm not a huge Spyro fan, but he deserves to be in this game just as much as Drake, Cole, Kratos, etc. Crash... Don't get me started on Crash. No matter how much you hated his games or even if you never played them, you have to admit he belongs here more than anyone. And Snake/Big Boss.... The Metal Gear Solid games on PSP are some of the best on the system. And Metal Gear Solid 4 practically saved the PS3 back in the "no games" era.

Nobody is being selfish or rude when they complain about the roster. We have every right to complain. This game was made for US!!! Superbot needs this critiscm to improve their game. And nothing is perfect... Especially this roster.

Sorry if I'm ranting, but I just want to say that the roster is HUGE for a game like this and it leaves more to be desired. I love the game so far and I'm looking forward to it... But I can easily admit that the roster isn't as good as I (and many others) had hoped.

LUDICROUS_BANANA STRIKES AGAIN!

Fadi is the greatest sig creator within 1 mile
Message 1 of 42 (430 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Re: Those of you saying "the roster doesn't matter"

Oct 8, 2012

Gameplay > Roster

Message 2 of 42 (421 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Oct 8, 2012
though this is true, you can only do so much as a developer. is the ip doesnt want you to have it then thats too bad.
Message 3 of 42 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

Oct 8, 2012

What will you prefer: A game with a good roster and a terrible and boring gameplay.

or a game with a bad roster but an amazing gameplay

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

original.png

Message 4 of 42 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 8, 2012
Drake, Cole x 2, Jak & Daxter, Sly, Ratchet & Clank, Sackboy, Kratos > Crash
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 5 of 42 (399 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1693 posts

Oct 8, 2012

WolferGaming wrote:

What will you prefer: A game with a good roster and a terrible and boring gameplay.

or a game with a bad roster but an amazing gameplay

How about both

"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 6 of 42 (393 Views)
Wastelander
745 posts

Oct 8, 2012
So are you saying that this game can't have BOTH a good roster and good gameplay? Wow I never knew that -__-

LUDICROUS_BANANA STRIKES AGAIN!

Fadi is the greatest sig creator within 1 mile
Message 7 of 42 (390 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Kudos for this guy.

The roster leaves much to be desired. Anyone who says differently is full of it.

I'm STILL convinced that there will be characters at NYCC. 

Message 8 of 42 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 8, 2012
You can't have both unfortunately, main reason being to much money would be involved for IP holders to allow there characters be represented - money which is also needed for the development of the game. Considering the company is working on a budget as all companies do, they have to make sacrifices.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 9 of 42 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
756 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2012

Yup I refer to my old thread about how ppls real life friends thought about this game. 100% of them thought it made or break the game for them. Yeah the roster matters BIG TIME. Gameplay comes second after people are done playing as their favorite character. I don't think a lot of people are gonna like seeing Dino, Raiden, Fatty P, 2 Cole's, or Nariko (some ppl) when they pick this game up. Though some will be happy seeing Sly, Jak, Cole, Ratchet, etc.

Here's my thread for reference and non-believers:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/How-Do-Your-Real-Life-Friends-Th...

Lol towards anyone who thought it doesn't matter.

Message 10 of 42 (363 Views)