Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Re: This is why New Dante sucks

Sep 12, 2012

The game looks decent, but i hate when people blatantly defend New Dante. What if Square Enix included Cloud Strife but instead of his normal look, he had a leopard vest and a black pony-tail. Some of you would be pretty mad, yes? 

I admit, most people who complain about Dante are morons, but the people who accept whatever they are given aren't any better. Now I'll hide before I get attacked with angry replies...Smiley Sad

Message 21 of 149 (186 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Sep 12, 2012

"blah blah blah im an immature weeaboo fanboy who cant accept change blah blah blah blah"

that's all I heard from the video

Message 22 of 149 (183 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1921 posts

Sep 12, 2012
Yup blondewolf never played the dmc games but this new design to me looks better than the old design.
Message 23 of 149 (177 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Sep 12, 2012

his reasons were nt irrational though.

Message 24 of 149 (173 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Sep 12, 2012

barker09 wrote:

The game looks decent, but i hate when people blatantly defend New Dante. What if Square Enix included Cloud Strife but instead of his normal look, he had a leopard vest and a black pony-tail. Some of you would be pretty mad, yes? 

Thats not the same at all, because they haven't done a reboot of Final Fantasy VII, let alone a remake. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 25 of 149 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Sep 12, 2012

rustyrue3117 wrote:
Yup blondewolf never played the dmc games but this new design to me looks better than the old design.

The old design is just dumb looking..but thats my opinion

photo IsaacSig_zps95a635ae.png
Message 26 of 149 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Sep 12, 2012

ElevenCarrot11 wrote:

they were rational yes. But a proper DMC fan would love Dante even if he does change, and appreciate that they're trying to breathe some fresh air into the franchise by changing **bleep** up.

In the end, new Dante still has Dante's attitude. He's still got an over-the-top look, and he's still stylish as **bleep**. 

Message 27 of 149 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Sep 12, 2012

nightrunner_ks wrote:

ElevenCarrot11 wrote:

they were rational yes. But a proper DMC fan would love Dante even if he does change, and appreciate that they're trying to breathe some fresh air into the franchise by changing **bleep** up.

In the end, new Dante still has Dante's attitude. He's still got an over-the-top look, and he's still stylish as **bleep**. 

^ Yes!

People dont get what this game is about..You can ask DMC fanboys they'll tell you DMC 2 and 4 are horrible

Aka half the series is not good in they're opinion so they could get a DMC 5 and it could be good or really bad..

Or they could reboot they whole series and make four more DMC's that are all good... better graphics, better gameplay, better mechanics...   but people dont think they just complain to complain 

photo IsaacSig_zps95a635ae.png
Message 28 of 149 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 12, 2012

barker09 wrote:

The game looks decent, but I hate when people blatantly defend New Dante. What if Square Enix included Cloud Strife but instead of his normal look, he had a leopard vest and a black pony-tail. Some of you would be pretty mad, yes? 

I admit, most people who complain about Dante are morons, but the people who accept whatever they are given aren't any better. Now I'll hide before I get attacked with angry replies...Smiley Sad

Here's the rational form of a response to what you are proposing. Yes, any re-design of a character poses the risk of irritating fans. However, changes are made regardless. Even if by the slightest margin. Some developers take it a step further and redesign the face and hair and even the characteristics. For instance, here we have the new Dante. The old fans are in an uproar. Now i wasn't a previous fan but I knew about who the original Dante was. Seeing the new Dante made me think "hm what's going on?" But I know better then to just take it for face value. Moreover, this is a reboot is it not? So naturally, why not add a spin on to it? We don't know the story nor have we played it. For all we know, this new Dante could easily turn into the Old one or something of that nature. That's the beauty of games, the plot can make up for a lot of skepticism.

Now as in regards to changes in personality. Look at Jak and Daxter. Jak goes from a silent character with a smile on his face, to one clad in armor and angry at everyone with words to express said anger. He looks the same, but angrier. So we have a personality change, his face goes from happy to generally mad, but his hair is the same. I didn't freak out, I loved it.

Sometimes games need a change. But when you implement a change you need a very good reason. You don't simply decide to give a character a new look out of the blue. This is a reboot, I say it's a perfect change for a more drastic change.

Now moving onto your example for Cloud, if say Cloud suddenly had a different haircut and become happier. It would cause quite a stir, however if it made sense to the plot and was at a significant point in his existence/story, why not? I mean, we don't wear the same clothes and look the same everyday, so why should characters? It's not like the reboot for Dante makes the old Dante go into smoke. It simply means the developer is taking a different art direction and seeing how it goes.

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 29 of 149 (149 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Sep 12, 2012

Well Devil May Cry 4, you play half the game as someone who isn't Dante, and then you play the game in reverse, as Dante... which was the good part I think. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 30 of 149 (147 Views)
0 Likes