I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Re: This is why New Dante sucks

Sep 12, 2012

ElevenCarrot11 wrote:

;( i just realized how sad this is. i didnt know why people disliked him because i never played any of the original dmc games.

seeing the two compared shows how awful new dante is. smh.

hopefully DmC sells terribly :/

Really... you haven't even played the other 4 and you're saying you want the new one to be bad? absurd.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 11 of 149 (321 Views)
I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Sep 12, 2012

individually, theyre both cool in their own ways

compared, classic dante is better because, well, hes the original. he also isnt a bully like new dante lol

im hoping not, but im sureDmC will sell well.. because of how infamous new dante is

Message 12 of 149 (321 Views)
Fender Bender
2671 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 12, 2012

I'll be getting it, and as long as the game has a decent ending I'll be satisfied. I could care less what the "true fans" think about the series. In this case, if the developer of said character wants to change things up, he can go ahead. So if someone is planning to not buy it because they want to stick it to the developer, then you can officially silence yourself. The only people that matter are gamers with criticism yet won't jump to absurd conclusions as to not buy a game solely on the fact the character looks different. Now if you simply don't want the game, fine, that's normal. The self righteousness with some people boggles my mind.

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 13 of 149 (316 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Sep 12, 2012

Chaosdreams wrote:

I'll be getting it, and as long as the game has a decent ending I'll be satisfied. I could care less what the "true fans" think about the series. In this case, if the developer of said character wants to change things up, he can go ahead.

^ Real logic..DMC looks fun to play I for one really dont care what people whine about.."New" Dante is exactly the same minus the half angel thing.

if you really care about how he looks go play all four over again..oh wait I forgot "true" fans dont like half of the series...

photo IsaacSig_zps95a635ae.png
Message 14 of 149 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1921 posts

Sep 12, 2012
I stiil like this new dante.
Message 15 of 149 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Sep 12, 2012

Chaosdreams wrote:

I'll be getting it, and as long as the game has a decent ending I'll be satisfied. I could care less what the "true fans" think about the series. In this case, if the developer of said character wants to change things up, he can go ahead. So if someone is planning to not buy it because they want to stick it to the developer, then you can officially silence yourself. The only people that matter are gamers with criticism yet won't jump to absurd conclusions as to not buy a game solely on the fact the character looks different. Now if you simply don't want the game, fine, that's normal. The self righteousness with some people boggles my mind.

^ This. People need to stop **bleep**, I thought we were over this.

Message 16 of 149 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Sep 12, 2012

New Dante is awesome. Yes he has gone through some redesigns (welcome to game creation) and he continues to get cooler and cooler. His attitude is great, his personality is spot on, the writing is pretty well done as is the voice acting. The scenes between him and Vergil were pretty well written.

I got two minutes into that video and had to shut it off because it just sounded like a butt hurt fan-boy. "Whaaa this Dante is different!" God forbid people do something new. I forgot how well written the original Dante was. I mean when I think of cinematic masterpieces with well written characters with solid development and characters arcs... I don't think of games like Uncharted, no I think of Devil May Cry. A game that gave us oscar worthy scenes like this...

Devil May Cry is a crappy series when it comes to about everything other than action. That's what Capcom does. It makes good games with stupid stories and dumb characters.

TLDR: Old Dante sucks even more.

Message 17 of 149 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Sep 12, 2012
We're still on the whole new or old dante issue?
Message 18 of 149 (279 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Sep 12, 2012

rustyrue3117 wrote:
I stiil like this new dante.

I love his new design..I dont really care for his old design

photo IsaacSig_zps95a635ae.png
Message 19 of 149 (275 Views)
I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Sep 12, 2012

you know what?

i could actually care less for any dante.

never showed any interest in devil may cry, and once i finally show i care about the series, people bash on my opinion.

people get too touchy :/

Message 20 of 149 (262 Views)
0 Likes