Survivor
2131 posts

Re: This is pretty much what I see on leader boards

Feb 27, 2013

VantXX wrote:

I just got out of a FFA match with a black belt who just happened to be the host of the match, and he rage quit. Call me crazy, but could there be a bug or a faulty code that doesn't penalize people for ragequitting? How do we know who really is good, and who is a phony?

If the host quits then the game just ends, he won't lose any BP. Heck sometimes you'll lose BP. I lose about 100 BP every day just because I don't connect to the host at all, the match just goes to "lost connection to host"  and the stage stays frozen and presto...13BP gone.

Message 11 of 24 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4119 posts

Feb 27, 2013

this game is one of the most unbalanced games i've played in a long time and superbot refuses to acknowledge it

Message 12 of 24 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
89 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

That definitely sounds like faulty code or a bug. Still it's unfair if the host disconnects and the players lose BP for it. SuperBot should patch this out, and maybe even add a Disconnection rate.

On a completely unrelated note, can we connect the PS Vita to a PS3 locally like UMVC3 and SFxT, and can the Vita user keep his settings when connected? I would like if this gets added sometime.

Message 13 of 24 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Feb 27, 2013

I was about to post a topic similar to this... Drake and Kratos gain way too much AP way too fast in FFA, and both of their Level 3s are real good (getting 6 kills is easy to a skilled player). Tournament/Ranked should be the ONLY way to obtain titles, especially with the ragequit problem going on. Sure it SLIGHTLY penalizes (I think) the person who rage quit, but it doesn't seem to reward those who stayed failthful in. In result: those who spammed and made it to the top first and just rage quit prevent other players from legitimately obtaining their titles. This is probably due to the effect of the matchmaking: the higher you are, the more likely you're gonna be paired up with someone lower than you, and therefore risk losing more: more chance of ragequitting.

*) Drake and Kratos need SOME kind of nerf. Their range/quickness/AP gain is just too high and too fast (and too easy).

*) Titles should be able to get without such high standards that really doesn't involve SKILL (some of it does, but it's all luck of the draw)

*) Belts shouldn't be as heavy penalized they they are gained. Maybe if it was done something like: 1st +3, 2nd +1, 3rd +-0, and 4th -2 (regardless of belt color) for FFA, and 2v2 1st +2, 2nd -1 (again, regardless of belt color)

As much as I LOVE to play Stock and Quick Match (and I would local, but no one here plays), sticking with Ranked to get those Titles.

Hopefully this will all be fixed soon. But if anything the most: Kratos and Drake need some kind of fix: maybe something like recovery after attacks since some attacks of theirs seem to have no recovery on block/whiff.

~GL

#PrincessPowerhouse
#PrincessPowerhouse
Message 14 of 24 (153 Views)
Fender Bender
4119 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

you know what else needs a nerf? fat princess's easy and hard to punish kill confirms. Her unstopable soliders gives her one of the safest kill confirms in the entire game. 

But the in return she could get a level 3 buff.

Message 15 of 24 (140 Views)
Lombax Warrior
89 posts

Feb 27, 2013

If SuperBot does fix this, the penalty should be fairly proportionate to the amount of times a person ragequits. The more someone ragequits, the more BP they lose. If someone ragequits very often, do not expect them to be at the top anymore. The game should also see if someone disconnects on purpose, and penalize them for that too.

Message 16 of 24 (137 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Feb 27, 2013

I completely agree with GameLink7

and yes, Fat Princess' and Raiden's kill confirms should be balanced, maybe not get rid of them, but at least make the moves punishable... she's another annoying top tier character

Message 17 of 24 (119 Views)
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Feb 27, 2013

With how they made Fat Princess' Level 3... I honestly don't see how it can be buffed or balanced without it changing completely. Also as I've said in numerous posts, her supers are awful going up and taking away her KCs will make her useless (unless they fix her level 1 and/or 2 as well). Her Level 1 is only great with a HC, her Level 2 is only great on flat/smaller stages (FFA), and her Level 3 is really just the worst.

BTW, her moves are punishable, the air knight is the only one giving her a major distance edge. She has to be up close to initate her other (easier) KCs (and they all come out slower than Raidens (sans Air knight)) and you gotta be on the ground in order for her to successfully get the KC off. Air and edges are her weaknesses, just to let you know XD

Sorry if I sound repetitive, but as a struggling and avid FP user, I shall be one of the very few to defend her XD

~GL

#PrincessPowerhouse
#PrincessPowerhouse
Message 18 of 24 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4119 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013
You lost me at her level 1 being useless without her confirm.

Its quick, has good range and can easily get 2 or 3 kills from a crowd.

When someone say a super is useless without the confirm, it makes me think back to the beta and how easy players were getting kills without even knowing kcs exist.

Are the players back then bettter than the players now? Thats what it feels like, everyone is so dependent on KCs now that they feel like they can't win at all without them.

Message 19 of 24 (99 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Feb 27, 2013

lxhizy wrote:

and don't get me wrong, I really like Nathan Drake and Kratos as characters, Drake is my main (along with Ratchet) but those black belt users are just annoying, I would like to see Drake nerfed just to see them cry because they wouldn't know what to do

and your Ratchet as well, just so you'll have something else to whine about as well.

Can't beat them = whine on the forum

Message 20 of 24 (91 Views)
0 Likes