Nov 22 2012
By: D-Squad3 Fender Bender 2913 posts

This is definitely a first game

4 replies 124 views Edited Nov 22, 2012

Before anyone rages, I LOVE this game. But a lot of things definitely show that it's a first game from a new company.

The UI is definitely bland and boring with generic looking blocky letters and rectangles.

The backgrounds aren't as dynamic as I hoped they would have been.

I feel like there are just a few things missing in this game.

I remember the first Smash Bros. I love that game but it wasn't super amazing. What made it so great was that it was a crossover fighting game with iconic characters with a decent fighting mechanism. Then when Melee came out, that's when they capitalized on something that was awesome and made it even better.

So all I'm really saying I feel like the sequel(s) to this game will be so much more amazing then what we already have.

Message 1 of 5 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Re: This is definitely a first game

Nov 22, 2012
Yes, this games isn't perfect in some levels I agreed but its really fun. I have high hopes that the sequel will be much better now that superbot has experince.
Message 2 of 5 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Nov 22, 2012

yep one of many games that are skimped for content and completely broken

Message 3 of 5 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
818 posts

Nov 22, 2012
This is because they weren't going for flashy presentation. They simply devoted all of their effort towards perfecting the actual game part of the game. And they did an outstanding job with this, so I really couldn't care less about the menus(which are still great in my opinion). If the menus were just as sparkly as the gameplay, people would probably end up getting a lot of headaches.
Message 4 of 5 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

Nov 22, 2012

You know, before this game came out, I didn't think a sequel would ever be necessary.  But now, even I feel like there should be one in the future.

Like everyone else, I love this game to death; it's highly addictive.  But it's lacking in a few major fields for me:  online functionality, character balance, and most importantly, presentational quality.  I can't wait to see a sequel with more lively menus, more versatile gameplay, and an overall more fleshed-out tribute to PlayStation's history.

Message 5 of 5 (75 Views)
0 Likes