Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Re: This is OP and needs nerfed!

Nov 29, 2012

FridgeRaiderr wrote:
No Rock, Paper, Scissors!
Play Fire, Water, Sponge! Way more balanced.

I don't know...  Sounds like a complete rip-off to me...

Lady, Hunter, Bear is much more realistic

Message 11 of 24 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Nov 29, 2012
Way to jump on the lets be a ignorant slob band waging cause you cry and whine about not liking people's opinions. Hypocrite much tell me how is your complaint or anybody else's different than there's? You all complain about them complaining. If you don't like it ignore it and get over it.
Message 12 of 24 (82 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 29, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

They do. That's the best part. I guess nobody notices that, they're too busy losing.

They do not.

Message 13 of 24 (77 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

@ TwistedAvenger Not true, I am perfectly fine debating characters and certain matchups and if someone has a claim about a character and a certain tactic with an argument to back it up I'll be glad to accept what they think or go into further discussion.

What I do not like is when everyone just goes "He beat me therefore he is OP"
"Have you tried blocking his attack or exploiting his weakness'?"
"No I haven't they just need nerfed, I don't need to play better".

Now THAT is what bothers me and if it takes a little bit of poking fun at the mindset to try get people thinking then so be it. I'm in no way saying they are wrong I'm just saying they've just had a bad experience. Hell at first I was often annoyed at the likes of Sackboy and Kratos but now that I've gotten more used to my characters and observed the downsides to other characters I can't really say the character is top tier when it has so many flaws.

Message 14 of 24 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2456 posts

Nov 29, 2012
The polygon man is OP. He's the only character who can float in the background, its total crap.
Message 15 of 24 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 29, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:

@ TwistedAvenger Not true, I am perfectly fine debating characters and certain matchups and if someone has a claim about a character and a certain tactic with an argument to back it up I'll be glad to accept what they think or go into further discussion.

Now THAT is what bothers me and if it takes a little bit of poking fun at the mindset to try get people thinking then so be it. I'm in no way saying they are wrong I'm just saying they've just had a bad experience. Hell at first I was often annoyed at the likes of Sackboy and Kratos but now that I've gotten more used to my characters and observed the downsides to other characters I can't really say the character is top tier when it has so many flaws.

This.

This.

This.

A million thousand times this.

Message 16 of 24 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Nov 29, 2012
It bothers me to I don't try to be rude I Ty to be civil but it's just become nuts. Someone complains about a charecter but then they get attacked and told to learn how to play the game. Then they go back at the other person and it turns into an endless cycle. Look bottom line is they don't like that character you probably not going to change their mind. Then you have the people telling them to learn to play the game and their just as bad. So what you think they must not know how to block and dodge and they aren't gonna budge either. At the end of it all no one will ever win you can go on for ever about if a character is OP or not, and how much blocking and dodging helps. At the end no ones right or wrong there opinions, and some things like blocking and dodging work for some but not others. It's pointless people start fights that no one can win either way it's best to just ignore it or at least try to. On my last note I have been involved in some of this myself I won't lie, but am going to try not to any longer as its pointless.
Message 17 of 24 (46 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 29, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

CalDW19940 wrote:

This.

This.

This.

A million thousand times this.

Again you're being stupid because people are not saying this.

Message 18 of 24 (43 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Nov 29, 2012
@ TwistedAvenger, I agree it can be tough and a lot of people don't like being told HOW to play but for me I tend to just see it as a learning experience or experiment.

Instead of "You SHOULD do this to counter"
It's more like "Have you gave this a try to see if it works?"

It doesn't sound as commanding or like the person is being ordered to but what it does it give them something to think about, even if they don't imediantly go and try something they are more likely to just remember it if they notice the advice work and happen in game even by accident.

People who just say "you suck, learn to play noob" are just as equally guilty for ignorance and I don't like that either. It's the wrong way to go about it as it just makes people either feel like they are talking to an ignorant "elitist" or they worry they are bad at the game. In some cases it's one way or the other or a mix but not definite.

I just wish for everyone to be a little more open minded to suggestions and advice from every player and member of the community, learning new aspects of the game is both good for improvement in playing but also for a players own use and experimentation however they see fit. Hell the ammount of times I've taken advice from someone then discovered some other use ontop of it is astounding and it's really interesting and fun to do Smiley Happy

@LX_Theo While what I said is an exagerated example it is actually just a similar quote to things I've heard before when discussing with people online about these types of things. Some players feel some sense of entitlement to victory and an entitlement to play how they want which in a sense they do have but it's not a fact.
Message 19 of 24 (36 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 29, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:

@LX_Theo While what I said is an exagerated example it is actually just a similar quote to things I've heard before when discussing with people online about these types of things. Some players feel some sense of entitlement to victory and an entitlement to play how they want which in a sense they do have but it's not a fact.

That's fair enough. But don't you think that people feeling cheated out of wins or a chance at victory because of a spam is a lot more fair of a complaint that because they don't know how to counter the strengths of a skilled player. People here seem to want to clump the two areas of complaints together.

Message 20 of 24 (32 Views)
0 Likes