Sep 30 2012
By: Prent62 Wastelander 846 posts

This game...

5 replies 172 views Edited Sep 30, 2012

I played the game at Eurogamer yesterday. First 20 characters, first 7 stages, One gamemode.

PSASBR was the one booth we all kept going back to. Over. And over. The day before, my friend had refused to play because he thought it looked terrible. On the way back he was wishing he had a Playstation and asking me about various characters' movesets.

If I'm honest, we were terrible at most characters due to inexperience and mashing (I never blocked or rolled ONCE) so generally Kratos and Ratchet won, because they are simpler than others. But then some guy was somehow pro at Big Daddy and won by over ten points every time. Also, the stages got a little samy, but I know there is at least double of the stages I played yesterday already leaked/announced, with Rumbalumba saying there is even more.

We played it for what? Two hours? And we didn't even touch most characters. This game will NOT get old quickly. Especially with all the unlocks, arcade ladders and online modes we've been promised.

Message 1 of 6 (172 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Re: This game...

Sep 30, 2012
Handicap modes i.e 2 vs 1, 3 vs 1 aswell as Free For All have been promises by Omar Kendell himself, so add that to the list of game modes to look forwar too
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 2 of 6 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
565 posts

Sep 30, 2012
When I lose a game in Super Smash Bros. I get discouraged and lose some ambition to continue playing until I don't want to play anymore.

But in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, I don't get that feeling. I couldn't tell you why but I wanna keep playing even when I lose
I hate Signatures because I can never tell if it's apart of their post.
Message 3 of 6 (150 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Sep 30, 2012
I think the reason is becuase you can have some pretty stupid deaths in smash. This game when you die you feel like you want to better yourself and try again. At least that is what happens to me.
Message 4 of 6 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Sep 30, 2012
I'm a big fan of Smash Bros, I always go over to a friends house and play it as a group. The problem with the game I found was that when it comes to health, everyone stays on the defensive as their health lowers and it becomes really slow paced and 'tactical', which pretty much means hit then run away. In PSABR, it's all about the offensive which I love. Not knowing who's in the lead keeps you on your feet constantly and things are chaotic from start to finish. I love that, it becomes more about skill when you have to constantly think on your feet on how to utilise your move set rather then mashing buttons. I'm in no way favouring one over the other, simply saying their two different kind of experiences.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 5 of 6 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
846 posts

Sep 30, 2012

I wanted to see all of a character's colours, so I told my friends and the Big Daddy Pro to pick Toro. We played on Dojo!, and the mech never interuptted the match. If it weren't for the items, it would have been AllFox/FinalDestination all over again. And unlike AllFox/FinalDestination, it was fun. Everyone ducking and weaving around level 1s, the occassional level 2.

Oh, and by the way, Toro seems to have unwillingly become the character I'm best at. Or at least Toro in Ninja Stance.

Message 6 of 6 (67 Views)
0 Likes