Sackboy
460 posts

Re: This game won't beat Smash Bros...

Sep 14, 2012
Topic is stupid but Allstars is better than Smash (to me) if only for the cast. I could care less about Smash's cast, majority of them were dull characters to me. And about half of the cast was just clones. I'm so conflicted on who to use when Allstars comes out because there are soooo many characters I love in it.
Message 51 of 77 (100 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
288 posts

Sep 14, 2012

I really think your a bit off mark here a lot of your complaints are based on a in production game that they have only shown in a limited sense and does not have all the finalized assets and none of the story . As for the characters in smash playing like their own game I have to disagree a lot of the characters felt like u  could switch them and minus a super move or two they would feel the same just at different different speeds where As in this game it looks like their building the characters move sets from the ground up and trying to closely represent the core gameplay from each of the characters games.

Message 52 of 77 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Sep 14, 2012
people definately wont except it easily. they just nee to play it, and even then some will still say its a ripoff
Message 53 of 77 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Sep 14, 2012
I agree. Smash is very good. I love all the new ways to play, past release. All the DLC really opens up Smash Brothers too. New official characters and updates really extends it's lifetime.
Message 54 of 77 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Sep 14, 2012
Plus, it's got a sweet online mode with no problems at all!
Message 55 of 77 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2012

Redfield7 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for PSASBR, but it's just a fact this game won't take the brawler title from Smash Bros. So far from what we've seen, Smash Bros fit more content on a Wii disc than this game has on a Blu Ray. Rumors of a 24 character roster... well Super Smash Bros Melee had 25 characters, on a frickin GameCube. This is on PS3 here.

I know the games not out yet, so we don't know everything on it, but from what I've seen this game isn't being handled with love the way a Smash game is. Every character in Smash acts just like they do in their game and feels natural (except for the tripping)

In PSASBR...not so much. A prime example is Nathan Drake. He's so boring in this game. Why isn't he cocky or arrogant like in Uncharted? Where's the attitude? Also some (not all) of the Supers seem really lazy...like Ratchet's...I mean come on SuperBot.

I'm still buying this game and I still love PSASBR, but I don't think they're doing enough to drag people away from Smash Bros. And when Smash Bros 4 comes out, this games unfortunately gonna get left in the dust.

Thanks for reading! Tell me what you guys think.

The roster size isn't an issue due to lack of space, it's to keep the characters unique in their own way and have as little cloning as possible.  Also, even the Wii U's disc space doesn't top the PS3 since the PS3 has 50gigs on a single disc without dual-layering.

Message 56 of 77 (78 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
914 posts

Sep 14, 2012

No offense to you sir but the fact that you say what this game won't compare to smash bros simply cause of the character roster is ridiculous..gameplay is what makes a fighter not the character roster thats why  people love smash bros so much. you are talking about what you have "seen" so that's telling me you haven't played it yet. I was in the private beta and I can tell you if you go in with the smash bros attitude you will get bodied. It has a more traditional combo system like in other fighters like street fighter, tekken, etc which i actually like better than smash bros. The characters have the same amount of love and detail put into their movesets and characteristics as well....I have played 95% of the characters respective titles so that's why i would know. If you pay close attention to the videos you watch of the newest characters their dialogue from the preview videos. The level 3 super thing i agree with but everybodys level 1 & 2 supers are pretty diverse from one another. Final smashes are practically irrelevant to the game especially in tournament play. I don't think they want to take players away from smash just give PS fans the game they always wanted (like me). I love smash (going to a tournament later on today) and its the only reason i'm getting a Wii-U.....but people ain't gonna leave this game either I guarantee it (i know i'm not)

meme3485470395
Message 57 of 77 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 14, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

The roster size isn't an issue due to lack of space, it's to keep the characters unique in their own way and have as little cloning as possible.  Also, even the Wii U's disc space doesn't top the PS3 since the PS3 has 50gigs on a single disc without dual-layering.

Well, actually, Blu-Ray has 25 GB per single-layered discs, too.  And Brawl got all it did on an 8GB disc.

The roster size probably does, in fact, have something to do with the lack of space.  Don't forget that they only have 4GB to work with on Vita, and it has to be practically the same game.  However, the real reason has to do more with time.  As you said, they made characters as unique as possible.  Not to mention roster size has nothing to do with game quality, as quantity is not everything (look at DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 3).

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 58 of 77 (59 Views)
I Only Post Everything
914 posts

Sep 14, 2012

Also that online is terrible...if the Wii-U don't upgrade that that they are gonna have problems

meme3485470395
Message 59 of 77 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
288 posts

Sep 14, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Well, actually, Blu-Ray has 25 GB per single-layered discs, too.  And Brawl got all it did on an 8GB disc.

The roster size probably does, in fact, have something to do with the lack of space.  Don't forget that they only have 4GB to work with on Vita, and it has to be practically the same game.  However, the real reason has to do more with time.  As you said, they made characters as unique as possible.  Not to mention roster size has nothing to do with game quality, as quantity is not everything (look at DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 3).

that isnt as big of a issue as you would thing for a handheld they use lower reselution textures and lower polly models that can have a huge effect on the size of a game without only minimal visual effect because a ps3 game needs to look good on up to 120" tvs while a handheld game has to look good on a 5' screen and then u consider compression and the same game for vita can be considerably smaller

Message 60 of 77 (55 Views)