Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Re: This game won't beat Smash Bros...

Sep 14, 2012

xamoel_bros wrote:

totally agree. 

i dont feel so much love put in this game..im comparision with smash.

but, well..this is the first game of psbattle royale and the first game of superbot..so,,is acceptable..

but...good point on that of ...meele have 25 in gamecube,,we have a PS3 at 2012 and we have for now 20...sometihng is weird here.

To be fair, I never felt that Sakurai cared for the fans.  Simple reason: Tripping.  He added an entire gameplay element to **bleep** off fans.

And on roster size, it takes quite some effort to create 22+ characters from scratch.  Don't forget that half of the Melee roster was essentially imported from 64 and slightly changed.  Same with Brawl.  That's also why I don't understand the whole "there aren't enough stages" debate; I'll probably enjoy 7 out of the 8 current stages, when I only liked 10-13 (new) Brawl stages anyway.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 41 of 77 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1609 posts

Sep 14, 2012
did we say it was going to....no we didnt
Message 42 of 77 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
424 posts

Sep 14, 2012

krusher10 wrote:
did we say it was going to....no we didnt

Some people on here think it will

Message 43 of 77 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
387 posts

Sep 14, 2012
Debating a game that hasn't ever released yet to a 4 year old game. That is just plain stupid. PSAS is a different beast with different characters on a different system. Will it be better than SSB? To some, yes. But they are not the same game. So, needless to say, I think this topic is stupid
When in doubt, freak 'em out.
Message 44 of 77 (141 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Sep 14, 2012

cobbys2012ps wrote:
Debating a game that hasn't ever released yet to a 4 year old game. That is just plain stupid. PSAS is a different beast with different characters on a different system. Will it be better than SSB? To some, yes. But they are not the same game. So, needless to say, I think this topic is stupid

This.

I'm glad someone gets it! This isn't Smash Bros, and they're hardly comparible. They have more differences than similarities. Completely different games.

It's like comparing Halo 2 to Battlefield 3, cause they're both first-person shooters. It's stupid. Apples and Oranges.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 45 of 77 (137 Views)
Splicer
56 posts

Sep 14, 2012

Topic is dumb stop talking about it its opinionated garbage about a game that isn't out yet and no mentioning it isn't out yet doesn't make your stupid comment ok.Thats like when someone says no offense but i think your a *****.

Message 46 of 77 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Sep 14, 2012

Also ssb has some clone characters and quit making it out to be like the game is perfection no game is and every game can be beaten and SHOULD be beaten that is what we human being like to call evolution baby so DO IT(HAAAA reference).

Message 47 of 77 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts

Sep 14, 2012

this_is_Marko wrote:

i don't think any of us can judge this game until we play the completed version of it.  This game may suck, it may be on par with smash, or may even be better.  No sense in dooming it when we haven't even played the finished product yet because another game exists like it

well said my friend

Photobucket
Winning. Pure. Winning.
Message 48 of 77 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Sep 14, 2012

I love Smash. Played the N64 game a little, owned 3 copies of Melee and I just got **bleep** everything in Brawl last month, didn't really want to spend $50 on a 4 year old game so I waited for it to go on sale. With that said, I honestly don't think comparing the two is right. Sony's not making the game, SuperBot is and it's not comprised of well known developers like Shigeru Miyamoto and so on. Seriously bro, SuperBot was made for this game while Smash was made by TONS of Nintendo vets that were well known BEFORE Smash was released. From what i've seen, because I haven't played the game yet,  the characters do feel a little souless but they're working on it. Did you see the new HuD? Big difference from what it was and that's just a small cosmetic change.  I really don't know what kind of content they're putting in PSABR but i'm not going to knock it until I try it especially  since I flipped $#!+ when I first heard it was announced, though I loathe the original music.... All in all I feel PSABR will grow into an awesome franchise with it's own devoted fanbase, much like GTA and Saints Row, COD and BF, Forza and GT. Thing it is it'll take time before it gets to SSB's level just like Saints Row did.

Message 49 of 77 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Sep 14, 2012
**bleep**= f i n i s h ed u n l o c k i n g
Message 50 of 77 (57 Views)
0 Likes