Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Re: This game won't beat Smash Bros...

Sep 14, 2012

Redfield7 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
I swear I've seen this exact same thread about three times.

PSAS doesn't need to beat Smash Bros. PSAS isn't even trying to beat Smash Bros. Two different games for two different target audiences (Sony and Nintendo gamers), with very little mixing room from the two.

That's completely true, but one can't not compare the two. The PSASBR reviewers will be comparing it to Smash Bros, which will prbably lower the review scores unfortunately.

Oh, believe me, this forum shall see my wrath the moment I see a reviewer downing the game in the official review because of SSB (whether it's because it's too much like it, or not enough, I don't care).  

But I'm talking about comparisons like one beating the other in my first comment.  No game exclusive to one console can ever truly beat one from another console, so saying one will come out victorious makes no sense.  SSB has its fans, PSAS has its, and they will debate until humanity's end which is better.  But neither will ever be definitively better.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 31 of 77 (118 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Sep 14, 2012

And games will whine and moan about the reviews like they always do. I've played the beta, I think its great, not every reviewer will write it off just because its similar to smash bros. Some people find they like the gameplay more than smash bros, some people hate nintendo. It's all a matter of taste.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 32 of 77 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
424 posts

Sep 14, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Redfield7 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
I swear I've seen this exact same thread about three times.

PSAS doesn't need to beat Smash Bros. PSAS isn't even trying to beat Smash Bros. Two different games for two different target audiences (Sony and Nintendo gamers), with very little mixing room from the two.

That's completely true, but one can't not compare the two. The PSASBR reviewers will be comparing it to Smash Bros, which will prbably lower the review scores unfortunately.

Oh, believe me, this forum shall see my wrath the moment I see a reviewer downing the game in the official review because of SSB (whether it's because it's too much like it, or not enough, I don't care).  

But I'm talking about comparisons like one beating the other in my first comment.  No game exclusive to one console can ever truly beat one from another console, so saying one will come out victorious makes no sense.  SSB has its fans, PSAS has its, and they will debate until humanity's end which is better.  But neither will ever be definitively better.

Could this be the birth of the next rivalry? Will PSAS vs SSB be up there with Mario vs Sonic, CoD vs BF or MGS vs SplinterCell?

Message 33 of 77 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

Sep 14, 2012

Be on the lookout for Destructoid for a bad review. I know I am.

Message 34 of 77 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
424 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2012

CircleBoi6 wrote:

Be on the lookout for Destructoid for a bad review. I know I am.

I can see IGN giving it a good score. Collin Moriarity knows his ****, son!

Edit: Profanity

Message 35 of 77 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 14, 2012

killedbyaspork wrote:

And games will whine and moan about the reviews like they always do. I've played the beta, I think its great, not every reviewer will write it off just because its similar to smash bros. Some people find they like the gameplay more than smash bros, some people hate nintendo. It's all a matter of taste.

Honestly, I could care less if people give this game **bleep** reviews, so long as they do so for the game itself.  No game should ever get a bad, or good, review because of a comparison to another game, not unless the entire premise of the article is a comparison.  If I see GameInformer, and I almost know they will do this, giving the game a 7.5 because it "tries too hard to capture the magic of Smash Bros.", and it will be worded like that, I will flip **bleep**.  If this game is bad, fine, but it must be bad because of what it itself does wrong, not because of what another game does better.  It's not a reviewer's job to compare, and I've held a firm stance by this for years (more vocally since the bad reviews of Dante's Inferno that blamed it on God of War).

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 36 of 77 (101 Views)
Sackboy
424 posts

Sep 14, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

killedbyaspork wrote:

Honestly, I could care less if people give this game **bleep** reviews, so long as they do so for the game itself.  No game should ever get a bad, or good, review because of a comparison to another game, not unless the entire premise of the article is a comparison.  If I see GameInformer, and I almost know they will do this, giving the game a 7.5 because it "tries too hard to capture the magic of Smash Bros.", and it will be worded like that, I will flip **bleep**.  If this game is bad, fine, but it must be bad because of what it itself does wrong, not because of what another game does better.  It's not a reviewer's job to compare, and I've held a firm stance by this for years (more vocally since the bad reviews of Dante's Inferno that blamed it on God of War).

I hear ya. I read such bad things about Dantes Inferno, but got it regardless. I honestly like it better than God of War

Message 37 of 77 (89 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Sep 14, 2012

Redfield7 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

killedbyaspork wrote:

I hear ya. I read such bad things about Dantes Inferno, but got it regardless. I honestly like it better than God of War

There are times when comparison is appropriate, like when you're comparing two games in the same Franchise. Uncharted 2, and Uncharted 3. Adam Sessler at G4 gave 3 a 4/5 because he didn't think it was as good as 2. Thats a reasonable assertion. Saying "This game, that shares a premise with this other game, isn't as good because its made on a different system by different people and I don't like it because they aren't from my childhood."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 38 of 77 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1535 posts

Sep 14, 2012

StefanForsell24 wrote:
I'm curious if LBP karting will beat Mario cart

I played the beta, and its a really cool game.

Better then mario kart.

Message 39 of 77 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
788 posts

Sep 14, 2012

totally agree. 

i dont feel so much love put in this game..im comparision with smash.

but, well..this is the first game of psbattle royale and the first game of superbot..so,,is acceptable..

but...good point on that of ...meele have 25 in gamecube,,we have a PS3 at 2012 and we have for now 20...sometihng is weird here.

Message 40 of 77 (69 Views)
0 Likes