First Son
10 posts

Re: This game won't beat Smash Bros...

Sep 14, 2012

I don't get this topic. OP, why are you comparing the first game of a series to an already established series? Of course this game won't sell as much as Brawl, but it'll sell a lot and the hype factor will be even higher for the next game, which will very likely happen if this is successful.

Message 21 of 77 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2571 posts

Sep 14, 2012

Sohcan wrote:

I don't get this topic. OP, why are you comparing the first game of a series to an already established series? Of course this game won't sell as much as Brawl, but it'll sell a lot and the hype factor will be even higher for the next game, which will very likely happen if this is successful.

This is the theird topic he's made about this, he's a troll.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 22 of 77 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

Sep 14, 2012

Redfield7 wrote:

CircleBoi6 wrote:

I'm not trying to be an **bleep**, but is PASBR supposed to be competing with SSB? I thought they were making a game for profit, not competition.

Smash Bros. has made history in gaming, so of course more people would go for the more-known game.

PSASBR is inadvertantly competing with Smash Bros becuase they're the same style game.

You're right. I mistyped (if that's even a word).

I'm just saying that most of us know that PASBR has potential, but it will not beat SSB4 in terms of popularity or sales, possibly because the series is a household name in gaming. PASBR has big shoes to fill, but I think it will get it's popularity and sales. 

Message 23 of 77 (136 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2012

The Super smash bros Melee roster may have had 25 characters, but at least 6 (7 if you count Luigi) of them could be called clones, making 19 totally unique characters. While everyone in PSASBR has a unique move-set. Quality over Quantity. Brawl has more characters (29 not counting clones). And many people think Melee is the beta game out of them anyways. 

But they aren't made to compete, since they audiences for the two games are entirely different. Also Smash Bros is what, 4 years old now? I don't see a brand new game competeing with a 4 year old wii-game. Yes, its a good game, but they can't really compete now. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 24 of 77 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

Sep 14, 2012

The16thNinja wrote:

No sales effect compatition, if one games making tons of money, why wouldn't you want to cash in on all th money?

You're right. The ol' cash grab.

Message 25 of 77 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2571 posts

Sep 14, 2012

killedbyaspork wrote:

The Super smash bros Melee roster may have had 25 characters, but at least 6 (7 if you count Luigi) of them could be called clones, making 19 totally unique characters. While everyone in PSASBR has a unique move-set. Quality over Quantity. Brawl has more characters (29 not counting clones). And many people think Melee is the beta game out of them anyways. 

But they aren't made to compete, since they audiences for the two games are entirely different. Also Smash Bros is what, 4 years old now? I don't see a brand new game competeing with a 4 year old wii-game. Yes, its a good game, but they can't really compete now. 

Superbot is trying to get all the major characters in the first game before they start putting in minor characters, it's only their first game, the seqel could have clones aswell.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 26 of 77 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
424 posts

Sep 14, 2012

killedbyaspork wrote:

All very good points.

But Super Smash Bros 4 is coming out for a brand new Wii U console apparently around 2013. PSASBR will be completely forgotten once this hits and a PSAS sequel probably wouldn't be out for another 3 years or so after that, giving Smash 4 complete dominance in this categorie.

Message 27 of 77 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 14, 2012
I swear I've seen this exact same thread about three times.

PSAS doesn't need to beat Smash Bros. PSAS isn't even trying to beat Smash Bros. Two different games for two different target audiences (Sony and Nintendo gamers), with very little mixing room from the two.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 28 of 77 (105 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Sep 14, 2012

The16thNinja wrote:

killedbyaspork wrote:

Superbot is trying to get all the major characters in the first game before they start putting in minor characters, it's only their first game, the seqel could have clones aswell.

The original smash bros had 12 characters with unique movesets, granted it was an N64 game. PSASBR already has more unique characters than the Gamecube version. I'd be surprised if they made cloned move-sets. Maybe some supers would be, (a lot of level 1s already are. Fat Princess/Kratos/Sly all have the same sort of style)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 29 of 77 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
424 posts

Sep 14, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
I swear I've seen this exact same thread about three times.

PSAS doesn't need to beat Smash Bros. PSAS isn't even trying to beat Smash Bros. Two different games for two different target audiences (Sony and Nintendo gamers), with very little mixing room from the two.

That's completely true, but one can't not compare the two. The PSASBR reviewers will be comparing it to Smash Bros, which will prbably lower the review scores unfortunately.

Message 30 of 77 (98 Views)
0 Likes